Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #1  

Default IP daily chat Tuesday 6/10/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #2  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
Today is an exciting day for me (well, as far as IP goes). A new clinic opened up near my home and they are willing to selling IP products to me without my "joining." I approached them honestly, telling them that I was using alternatives and would continue to do so. Because of the amount of weight I need to lose, I will be on the program for quite some time and this is going to take a great deal of cash!! I explained that there were some IP products that I really loved and had found no substitute for, and asked if they would be open to me being a paying customer. They were agreeable to this, and I am thrilled to finally have a source to purchase products.
I drink EAS shakes at least once a day, sometimes twice, but I have not found a good substitute for my lunchtime staples. I love the Fine Herb and Cheese Omelet with added broccoli and mushrooms, and the Chili with 2 cups of okra stewed in. My other fave IP staple that I have missed so much is the RTD Mango drink and the strawberry-banana drink!
I have found a few alternatives from Nashua that I like, but they are mostly the sweeter treats like bars and soy puffs, and I try to stay away from those (perfectly fine on IP, but are dangerous trigger foods for me).

Have an awesome day everyone!

Last edited by mylastdiet; 06-10-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:04 AM   #3  

mylastdiet
That's great! I watch for deals on eBay for my 2 staples.
One is one of the puddings. I haven't found any offbrand pudding that has a good texture like IP. The other is something I simply cannot find anywhere else and that's the potato purée. Most of the rest of my favorites are available through Nashua Nutrition. And I gave up many of my favorites when I restricted soy and gluten.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #4  
Restart IP 05/19/14

Lisa,
After reading here for sometime, and seeing your posts on soy being tough on the thyroid, I have started paying more attention to the amount of soy I eat. The EAS shakes are soy, so on my last Nashua order I tried their chocolate RTD (I believe it is called their "Anytime" drink?). Someone on the Alternatives thread had posted that it was similar to the IP RTD.
To be honest, I was almost hoping I wouldn't like it better than EAS because even the alternative price was high ($17 for 6), but WOW - They are so yummy! Now I am trying to decide whether to bite the bullet and order a lot of these (pricey but still cheaper than IP RTD), or stick with the EAS and limit my soy consumption somewhere else. I personally have not had an issue with soy, but trying to make a conscious decision to cut back.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Good morning!
Today is an exciting day for me (well, as far as IP goes). A new clinic opened up near my home and they are willing to selling IP products to me without my "joining." I approached them honestly, telling them that I was using alternatives and would continue to do so. Because of the amount of weight I need to lose, I will be on the program for quite some time and this is going to take a great deal of cash!! I explained that there were some IP products that I really loved and had found no substitute for, and asked if they would be open to me being a paying customer. They were agreeable to this, and I am thrilled to finally have a source to purchase products.
I drink EAS shakes at least once a day, sometimes twice, but I have not found a good substitute for my lunchtime staples. I love the Fine Herb and Cheese Omelet with added broccoli and mushrooms, and the Chili with 2 cups of okra stewed in. My other fave IP staple that I have missed so much is the RTD Mango drink and the strawberry-banana drink!
I have found a few alternatives from Nashua that I like, but they are mostly the sweeter treats like bars and soy puffs, and I try to stay away from those (perfectly fine on IP, but are dangerous trigger foods for me).

Have an awesome day everyone!
That is GREAT!

On Saving $$:

For your omelets, you can substitute a packet and use one whole egg and three egg whites for a comparable nutrition profile. I like that I am using a real food and saving $.

Look for Maple Grove Farms SUGAR FREE pancake/waffle mix found in the grocery store. Near Bob's Red Mill and gluten free products. $3.99 a box... Just use 1/4 cup mix with water to get batter consistency. No need to add egg or oil! Serve with Walden Farms maple or blueberry syrup.

I get a LOT from Nashua using the brands: Proti Diet, Proti Thin, HealthSmart and Weight Loss Systems from their site. I order soups, puddings, cakes, chips, chili, pasta, cookies, pretzels, etc as well as bars and shakes.

You GOT this!
Old 06-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #6  
Restart IP 05/19/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
That is GREAT!

I get a LOT from Nashua using the brands: Proti Diet, Proti Thin, HealthSmart and Weight Loss Systems from their site. I order soups, puddings, cakes, chips, chili, pasta, cookies, pretzels, etc as well as bars and shakes.

You GOT this!
Thanks! I do have a few things I love from Nashua that IP doesn't offer. Really really like the WLS cheesecake and the Cocomint pudding (made as pudding or as a yummy mint milkshake with ice in a blender - maybe a little spinach for a green mint look)
I avoid the bars and the yummy chocolate soy puffs because they are too tempting to have sitting around the house. I've found that a sweet on-plan treat is okay for me, as long as it is something that needs to be prepared, i.e. puddings or the cheesecake. My problem seems to be with the "grab and go" types of sweet treats. This is definitely a character flaw I need to work on while following protocol, and there will be times I may order things just to "test" myself, to build up my resistance and strengthen my ability to limit myself.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #7  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Had WI this morning. Down two pounds but up 2 inches-- up an inch in my chest and my waist, same everywhere else. It's incredibly hot and humid here today and my hands do feel a bit swollen so I'm hoping it's just water retention due to the weather.

I'm also a little bit frustrated with my clinic. For my first 7 weeks or so I was seeing the same coach week to week. For the past three weeks I've been measured by three different coaches. A third coach (who it is varies) seems to come in every Tuesday morning now, I guess because of capacity and my regular coach always seems to be busy so I get measured by the new person. I think this is affecting how my measurements are taken and also I don't feel as comfortable asking questions or sharing information. Not a huge deal but it's been irritating to me and I don't feel like I'm getting as much value out of having a coach as I did before. Maybe I just need to get over being shy and say that I'd prefer to have one coach consistent week to week if I can.

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 06-10-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:32 AM   #8  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome back mylastdiet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Had WI this morning. Down two pounds but up 2 inches-- up an inch in my chest and my waist, same everywhere else. It's incredibly hot and humid here today and my hands do feel a bit swollen so I'm hoping it's just water retention due to the weather.
Hooray for 2 lbs gone and I wouldn't worry about the water retention - I had several weeks where my ankles would go up almost a whole inch during hot weather. I'm sure there's a really scientific reason for it but I prefer to call it my "summer padding." It will go away!
Old 06-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post

I'm also a little bit frustrated with my clinic. For my first 7 weeks or so I was seeing the same coach week to week. For the past three weeks I've been measured by three different coaches. A third coach (who it is varies) seems to come in every Tuesday morning now, I guess because of capacity and my regular coach always seems to be busy so I get measured by the new person. I think this is affecting how my measurements are taken and also I don't feel as comfortable asking questions or sharing information. Not a huge deal but it's been irritating to me and I don't feel like I'm getting as much value out of having a coach as I did before. Maybe I just need to get over being shy and say that I'd prefer to have one coach consistent week to week if I can.
That would frustrate me too! I wouldn't worry too much about your measurements, I doubt you really went up, they probably just measured you in a different spot, or held the tape measure too loosely. The scale went down, so you are good!!
Old 06-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #10  

Default Posh posh

Oops! Silly Siri changed your name (sorry!)

Pishposh:
If you are more comfortable having just one coach then yes, definitely speak up. I'm sure they can figure out a way to accommodate that request.

I completely understand. My clinic was small and the owner was the coach. But had I gotten different people every week I would not have liked that. For me part of it was the relationship that was developed. Weightloss is about so much more than just actually losing weight.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-10-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #11  
Restart IP 05/19/14

Has anyone been able to purchase frozen rhubarb lately? I miss it and it used to be one of my "go to" veggies. I can't grow it this far south, and fresh can be difficult (if not impossible) to find.
I used to purchase it frozen from Whole Foods, but they have quit carrying it. In fact, their vendor quit packaging/selling it.

And those of you who garden, do you think this could be grown indoors? in a container near a window?
Old 06-10-2014, 09:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

My cousin is in town and the family is cooking. They are frying shrimp for poboys but my uncle called to say he would boil some of the shrimp for me hooray and thank goodness for supportive people in my life!!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #13  
Restart IP 05/19/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
My cousin is in town and the family is cooking. They are frying shrimp for poboys but my uncle called to say he would boil some of the shrimp for me hooray and thank goodness for supportive people in my life!!
Yum - boiled shrimp!! One of my favorite meat meals this time of year. Thank's to your post, I won't be able to settle for anything else for dinner tonight. Must buy boiled shrimp!!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #14  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Asking again time #3...if anyone knows, please advise as my coach doesn't know these:

I am slowly replacing all my IP supplements. I have a one-a-day women's vitamin...do I still take two or just one? Also, I have a high fish oil (1400mg total, 900 omega) pill...two or one? Thanks, thanks, thanks!

I am proud to say I haven't weighed myself since I vowed to stop the insanity last week. I am not visiting my coach this week (starting to do more alt products so only going to visit her every two weeks), so I will do my own official weigh-in tomorrow morning. I am sooooooo much more at peace when I don't weigh. I have been trying to pay attention to my clothes fitting lose and my face appearing thinner as reinforcement that I AM losing weight!

Fingers crossed that I will finally hit 20 lbs down tomorrow!

Not sure what thread to put this...I'll stick it here...

Bought some instant coffee and put a heaping teaspoon in my EAS shake (along with crushed ice) and had the most AMAZING Starbucks-esque mocha shake! Why or why did I wait so long to get the instant coffee? Don't make my mistake...go get thee some and get some Starbucks love yourselves!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #15  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Asking again time #3...if anyone knows, please advise as my coach doesn't know these:

I am slowly replacing all my IP supplements. I have a one-a-day women's vitamin...do I still take two or just one? Also, I have a high fish oil (1400mg total, 900 omega) pill...two or one? Thanks, thanks, thanks!
evemomma - I never answered this because I'm not sure. I took two multi-vitamins all the way through (Nature Made), one in the evening and one in the morning. I think one of the fish oil is good - mine are 1000/400. After the starter pack, I only bought the cal/mags for a little while and did buy the potassium the whole way through just because I couldn't find a good replacement.
Closed Thread