View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #93
exquisitern

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all!
Well, I had a pretty good week. I lost 1.6 lbs this week. I started back walking last week after having bronchitis for 3 weeks, I was glad to be over that. I get up early in the morning before I go to work and walk 3 miles. This morning, I did my slow jog for about 1 1/2 miles of the 3 miles, so I felt good about that.
I work alot. I'm a Director on Nursing during the week and then work part time most weekend on the psychiatric floors at a hospital in the area for 12 hour shifts about 6 of the 8 weekend days.
I'm getting excited, me, my sister and her 8 year old daughter and my two 15 year old daughters are all flying to Pennsylvania on Saturday. I have family there and we are going to drive over to New York city and go to Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty and other attractions one day, then we are going to Dorney Park one day for the girls and then who knows. I'll just be happy to be on vacation and away from work.
I was really happy on Friday, when I was walking, my pants were falling down while I walked, so I went out and was able to buy some size 16W pants!!! Yea, can't remember the last time I was in this size, had to be over 8 years ago.
I just keep eating most just different fruit during the day, cantelope, peaches, watermelon, pineapple, whatever is handy 3-4 servings, then when I get home, I get a snack of yogurt/blueberries while I fix dinner and then I eat a light portion of whatever I am cooking. So far it is working.
I don't deprive myself. If I want something I eat it, just a smaller portion. So far I am not binging or going crazy. It's kinda like intuitive eating, I don't eat unless, I'm hungry and that took awhile to learn and I try to listen to my body and stop eating when I am full. I like that there is nothing off limits on my diet.
I love hearing what everyone has to say. I've got to try some spaghetti squash, when I made spaghetti last week for the girls, I just ate some of the sauce and a salad, but no pasta.
I also seem to be more willing to try things.
Everyone have a great day and keep up the work! We cannot fail unless we give up!!!

"The only thing that stands between a person and what they want in life is the will to try it and the faith to believe it possible."- Rich Devos

Short term goal:

Last edited by exquisitern : 06-09-2014 at 12:56 PM.