Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 12:05 AM   #1  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Default 40-Somethings June Chat Thread

Happy June! Welcome to the 40-Somethings chatting and accountabilty thread.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Oh June, why must you be so darn humid!

Ready for a good (even if it will be hot) month!
Old 06-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #3  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

catching up from the May thread ...

andrew80k on the 10lbs GONE I love the derby cars so cute, brings back memories I'm learning what works as time goes on. I have found that in my four years on this journey different things work at different times. So far 5:2 is working for now for sure

Zumba, they are less than two years old, but that have certainly been used more than any other sneakers I have ever purchased due to my Nike+ sensor Thanks that treadmill is definitely my friend I'd like to do Zumba again. I miss the Zumba instructor that I worked with in VA. They offer classes that at the gym but they are so overly crowded it's discouraging. They need a bigger space for sure because the class is so big.

Cattails, Marlene, Michelle, Shannon

Heidi, where are you hope all is well

Made it to the gym yesterday did 4.13 miles felt really good. Weigh in this morning 158.6 a new adult low after children

Last edited by love2b150; 06-02-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone. Ive been a member for awhile but usually stick with the bikers group. Love those ladies but decided to venture out & support more. When I started I was at 160, now at 126. I am happy with that. I am at the weight I was when I found out I was pregnant with my son 21 yrs ago. It was hard & still have to behave. I dont want to gain it all back plus in the beginning I found out that I am Hypoglycemic so I have to be careful no matter what any more.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

Welcome Tymaboy! Congrats on your hard work!

Rennie!!! You are just busting it OUT! Congrats on that new low! BOOOOO-Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-02-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #6  
~Rennie

Hi tymaboy to the thread Great job on your weight loss journey

Thank you Michelle
Old 06-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Another good day today. Ate on plan. Finally back in the gym after too many days off and ran 2.5 miles in 25:00. Not my best run, but not my worst. Energy was up and hopefully I did it early enough that I'm not up half the night. I feel pretty good too. Sometimes it's hard to see progress when you have so far to go, but I can tell in the fit of my clothes that I'm headed in the right direction.

Rennie Thanks! Making the cars is half the fun. Congratulations to you as well, you are getting it done and that is great to see.

Michelle It's hilarious that you are a chip-a-holic. I secretly harbor a cookie fetish. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone. My house is full of Girl Scout cookies.

tymaboy Behaving is a way of life, which is why it's no fun. Great job on your progress. Welcome.

Shannon Thanks. Glad to see you are feeling back to normal and getting back on track.

Zumba Pink car, huh? My little one's favorite color is pink. The first car we made was hot pink, so I know she would appreciate it.

Last edited by andrew80k; 06-02-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #8  
~Rennie

Thanks andrew , Good job on the run Take your measurements for when the scale doesn't move then you have your measurements to bring the smile back Luckily my kids Scout Masters/Den Leaders were the ones that had the shop areas and tools when we were working on them. I don't mind sanding, painting and decorating but the saw scares me. Had a accident with a meat slicer as a teen and the sound makes my skin crawl silly at the age of 48 Thin mints and the Lemonades cookies are my favorite. I did great this season. I got the kids their boxes and I only ate 3 from each (had to be fair and no I didn't eat them at the same time though I could have). I was proud of myself.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #9  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Rennie, you are rockin'!! Grats on the new low and even more on the fbs #s - that is fantastic.

Welcome, tymaboy, and grats on getting to a happy weight. I too am finally down to below my pre-pregnancy weight (after 22 years) and it is kind of mind boggling. Good work!

andrew80k, cute cars! Uh-oh, GS cookies? You just reminded me I have a small stash in the freezer! LOL

We went to NV to see my folks this weekend and it was a good visit. My mom's health has really declined in the past 5 years due to bird handlers disease, as I've mentioned before, and it is shocking to see her so frail and old-looking - well, she is 73 but she's never looked her age before. But she's still kicking around as well as she can and I'll take every day of having her that I'm given.

Had a good time visiting with my dad and sister and her husband also; my BIL has been a gym rat for decades and gave my DSs and I a lesson in basic lifting, checked our forms and such. I impressed him by curling his Olympic bar (45 lbs.) even if it was just three times!

Happy June to all, and I too miss Heidi - where are you?!!
Old 06-03-2014, 02:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi all!

Welcome to andrew & tymaboy. Glad to have you aboard. I've been trying to get on daily, have a lot going on, seems worse than tax season some days.

I'm still bouncing around above what I want to weigh. Was strictly op (ok, guess it is really yesterday now). Today I have a lunch with a client, hope that I can do ok. Already have dinner planned, so should be ok for that.

Job search is on, it is frustrating. I want to move on, and NOW would be good... I have little patience now that I've made the decision. Part of it is that I want to move from one practice area to another, and that may take some time. If I wanted to stay in the same practice area, I would already have something.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

hi all!n wow, i can't believe we are already in JUNE....May just flew by in a wink.

Im trying to hang in there with the 5:2 diet. I think i have lost inches, my waist feels smaller but it could be my imagination. No real change in the scale except now i'm hovering around 150 instead of 154.....i won't feel like i am making progress until i'm in the 140s again.....My persona goal is to be 140 by fourth of july.

I am kickboxing and working with trainer....i walk with friends when i can....noone can say i'm not trying....now if i can only shut my pie hole...
Old 06-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #12  
Michelle the Vegan

I'm painting today and my arthritis is killing me. Holding a paint brush hurts almost immediately. Stinks. Storms continue to hover in the area, maybe the barometric pressure is making it worse.

I just put a whole can of black beans into my almost-daily burrito. I musta been hungry.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #13  
~Rennie

Thanks Cattails Blessings to your Mom and your family for life to the fullest, enjoy. Good job on impressing your BIL, You go Girl

Marlene hoping for better days soon my friend Is there an opportunity to make a move in the practice area that you're in with another firm and with room to move to a different area or do both? idk, go in and show the new firm all that you're worth and take over Wishing you all the best

Zumba those are great victories lots of movement so continue to talk about them, helps give incentive to folks like me Yay for hovering around the 150's is great. With all that you are doing I think you'll be in the 140's before July for sure

Michelle sorry about the arthritis maybe the painting should wait awhile Wow, LOL a whole can of beans, got your fiber in

I am up .6 to 159.2. I need to get my eating together. I think my calories are too low ... I need more fiber and exercise for sure.

Last edited by love2b150; 06-03-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #14  

LOVE2B I am the LAST person that should be giving anyone incentive, but if I am , then so be it...I really hope you are doing better and have things in control....one thing I learned from OA so far is that this is a moment to moment thing....each day we stay OP is a victory... And we have to celebrate the tiny victories....like passing up a dessert , etc.

MARLENE..Good luck with your job search.

CATTAILS It sounds like you had a good visit with your family...is bird handlers disease the same thing as pisicosis? I know that you can get that from bird droppings.

Andrew always impressed by runners...never took a liking to it.....wish I did.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #15  

SNARK hope that arthritis eases up for you soon......
Closed Thread