Old 06-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Unhappy scale not moving vent

i have been stuck on 163-64 for almost a solid month.I am so mad and i dont know how to fix this.Last time i lost weight i did couch to 5k and the weight was falling off.This time around my legs have crapped out on me and i cant run im doing water aerobics or trying to but i keep finding every dam excuse in the books to avoid the gym.i have eaten nothing but a grilled chicken wrap with lettuce and ranch dressing and a baked potato for almost every lunch and dinner for the past 2 months.I dont wanna be stuck i want the weight to fall off like it was.I want to look better like i was before.i dont know what the **** to do and im frustrated.its not fair this was crazy easy last time and now its so much harder and i just want the weight gone.

Last edited by skittlesfirehawk; 06-05-2014 at 03:56 PM.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:16 PM   #2  

Any advice?
Old 06-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

How much ranch dressing are you using? I'd drop the baked potato and add non-starchy vegetables.
Do you keep a food log? That helps a lot of us stay accountable for what (and how much) we're eating.
Also, pay attention to how much water you drink. I try to drink about 90-100 ounces every day.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
Any advice?
It almost sounds like you're starving yourself currently which can often be counterproductive. Maybe try changing your current routine, maybe have a cheat day or two to sort of kick you metabolism back into gear.
Maybe look into fasting or calorie cycling (you eat more certain days and less other days) since it sounds like an extension of what you may be doing now.

I would possible consider swapping the baked potato for a less starchy vegetable. I seem to have problems losing when I eat potatoes, although everyone is different.

I know it can be frustrating, but I'm sure you will be able to get back on track! Also I would consider looking on YouTube or Pinterest for new exercise regimes that might be more appealing to you and get you excited about working out again!
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #5  

thanks.i eat when im hungry and have a cheat day about once a week.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #6  
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/185/155

Height: 5'7

I have heard it gets more difficult each time we try to drop the weight. It is SO much harder this time for me too! You may want to try adding some variety to your diet, that may help. Like eating more healthy fats for example. Just switching it up a bit may trigger your body to respond favorably.
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #7  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time this time around. Unfortunately our bodies change and we really can't control it

I agree with peaceandlove. If what you're doing isn't work, it's time to make a change. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, right? :P And since you've been stuck for a solid month I'd say you've given it enough time.

What do you mean your legs have crapped out on you? I wonder if you're not getting proper nutrition?
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/205.6/165

Height: 5'4"

agree with what most others have said but i'd definitely change up what i was eating. you've eaten the same exact thing for 2 months!!! that must be so boring, why don't you change it up?!? personally i'd just eliminate the potato all together and exchange it for more non-starchy vegetables. but switch it up man!
kaybee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #9  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

I'd drop the cheat day because that can easily undo any weekly progress and I would most certainly stop eating the same thing over and over. A wrap with chicken and lettuce and dressing is not that healthy. The wrap itself is likely empty carbs, and the dressing is just fat and sugar. Lettuce isn't very nutritionally dense. Potatoes are a nearly worthless food. Try a yam instead, at least there is some nutrition there.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:32 AM   #10  

Thanks everyone.i have cerbral palsy and was able to run before but my legs have been hurting bad for the last 3 or 4 months and I can't run so I have switched to water aerobics
Old 06-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #11  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

I have similar (but not CP) limitations and I get the frustration of not being able to be as active as you'd like.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote