Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 06:43 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 6/5/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Recipe thread #3
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-05-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

Well, today was 3rd weigh in and I'm fighting not to say I only lost x amount of weight because I did lose two whole pounds and TOM was visiting me. So, I'll be happy with my two pounds! I can feel it in my stomach, my arms, my thighs, and I can see it in my face. Maybe I'll measure inches this week... hm.

I hope everyone has a great day and if you're having a weigh in today - you've got this!
Old 06-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #3  

2 lbs is fabulous!
Many of us fall into a 2 lb/week routine
I lost about 15 lbs my first month, approximately 10 (+/-) the next several months, then it moved to 8-10 lbs, then 5-8 lbs.

Our metabolism eventually changes to adjust to the lower food intake. Also as we get smaller, our BMR changes (we need fewer calories to sustain)

This is why using more packets at first is okay and many coaches start people over 200 on more packets. I was allowed 3-5 packets, reduced to 4 when I got under 250 and 3 when I hit onederland.

Some believe it is okay to do this:
201-240 pounds = 4 packets/day
241-280 pounds = 5 packets/day
281-320 pounds = 6 packets/day

Others think those weights are "goal weights" and not starting weights.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:44 AM   #4  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

My weigh in is today and I have TOM. Stayed OP all week, so trying to stay positive, but I am a little concerned.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #5  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
My weigh in is today and I have TOM. Stayed OP all week, so trying to stay positive, but I am a little concerned.
You'll be fine! Even if the number isn't as good as you hope, know that once the bloat from TOM goes away, you should drop the extra.

I just restarted on Monday and of course TOM came on Tuesday morning! But still I'm down 4 lbs!

Have a great day IPeeps!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #6  

Default Comments from yesterday:

Yes. We can have yellow crooked neck zucchini squash. It is in the zucchini family. What we cannot have are the fall/winter squashes or spaghetti squash. Save those for maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosingHappy
I will be going on an amazing retreat for a week on Saturday that was totally unexpected as I was on a very long waiting list. The place is all vegetarian, and will accommodate me with no oil on my veggies, and will provide me with a microwave for my soups. The question I have is, will I still lose weight like normal if I have 4 packets instead of the regular 3 and fish/chicken???? Has anyone on here stayed strict while on a vacation? What were your tricks? I currently drink the premade chocolate drink every morning in a very large ice coffee. Love it. I plan to bring the chocolate drink powder (is it good??) and have it with coffee there. Soups, possibly chicken-a-la-king, chocolate wafer (love), chocolate soy puffs (love), and bbq chips. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. I am also going to Jamaica at the end of this month with the certainty of staying on IP, so I am hoping this will be good practice and preparation.
First: We can have 3 packets with MEAT (not just fish/chicken)

Second: If you must have a day without your meat protein for dinner, TWO packets replace that (so you'd have five on that day). I agree, if they have eggs, that would be a better choice (if they're vegetarian but not vegan).

third: If they're vegetarian, still check on which veggies will be served. Vegetarians tend to be pretty high carb and serve a lot of beans, potatoes, rice, none of which are on IP. Don't just assume they'll have the 4 c/day of the RIGHT veggies for you.

Have fun! You got some good advice already about other vacation threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyC14
WHY am I SOOOO tired lately?! I get 8+ hours of sleep, I'm taking my vitamins....
I got that way, occasionally, too. Our bodies do things we don't want them to do to adjust to the decrease in calories. In layman's terms, it is your body trying to get you to expend less energy.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-05-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #7  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Well, today was 3rd weigh in and I'm fighting not to say I only lost x amount of weight because I did lose two whole pounds and TOM was visiting me. So, I'll be happy with my two pounds! I can feel it in my stomach, my arms, my thighs, and I can see it in my face. Maybe I'll measure inches this week... hm.

I hope everyone has a great day and if you're having a weigh in today - you've got this!
2 pounds is great! I wouldn't worry about it. After my 8th WI I saw a definite pattern emerge of 3+ pounds down one week, and a lower WI the next week, 3+ the next week and so on. I know others have had a similar experience. Definitely pay attention to inches too! Often when I have a lower loss I lose a half inch or more in several areas.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #8  

Default Beck Diet Solution

Think Thin Thursday Tip:

Cravings are like itches; the more you pay attention to them, the worse they get. The moment you get distracted is the moment the craving starts to go away. Make a list of a few short, distracting activities (play a game on your phone, call a friend, check news headlines, etc.). Next time you have a craving, do something from the list. If that doesn’t work, do the next thing. Eventually the craving WILL go away. Stand firm!

And from yesterday:
Wednesday Sabotage: Life is too short so I’m just going to eat this even though I know I shouldn’t.

Response: Actually, life is too short to be spent overweight, unhappy, and unhealthy. If I want to feel great and really live my life the way I want to, then I need to do what I can to maintain a healthy weight.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-05-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/224/160

Height: 5-6

Today I am wearing the first article of clothing that didn't fit before I started. Last night I wanted to order pizza in the worst way, but I grilled some chicken and moved on with my life. I tried the skirt on a whim this morning and it completely justified the hard choices I have been making regarding what goes in my mouth!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #10  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Non-IP Rant

So frustrated at work. Just wondering if I should make a stink or just shut up and ride it out.

So, I have an appt next week, so I put in for a few hours of sick leave. Should be in by eleven A.M. I only need one class covered, and it is the last full day of classes for the kids, so no new content will be delivered. Exams will also be complete by then. Well, it was denied, with the excuse that we are asked to not take personal time the last two weeks of school.

First, this is not personal time, it is medical leave time. Second, I scheduled it purposely next week (and not this week or last) so that I would be here to review with my kids and prep them for exams and not leave that to a sub. In fact, I may have taken ONE sick day all year and NO personal time. I feel super disrespected as a professional.

So, do I make a stink or suck it up?

Thanks for letting me vent. Back to my grilled chicken and cabbage lunch.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #11  

Had my weigh-in this morning. Down 3.4, for a total of 37.4. I'm very happy with that, considering its the end of 2 weeks with messed-up sleep, TOM, and the trip to Texas. My coach was very happy with a loss in body fat and especially visceral fat, so that's good. Moving in the right direction!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/224/160

Height: 5-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Had my weigh-in this morning. Down 3.4, for a total of 37.4. I'm very happy with that, considering its the end of 2 weeks with messed-up sleep, TOM, and the trip to Texas. My coach was very happy with a loss in body fat and especially visceral fat, so that's good. Moving in the right direction!
Way to go! Losing even through adversity is the sweetest sense of acomplishment!
Old 06-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I'm so sad....today is day 20 no this forum and NO PLACE FOR MY TICKER???
Old 06-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I'm so sad....today is day 20 no this forum and NO PLACE FOR MY TICKER???
It will show up. It is also time sensitive. Must be 20 days exactly, I think to the minute.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
So frustrated at work. Just wondering if I should make a stink or just shut up and ride it out.

So, I have an appt next week, so I put in for a few hours of sick leave. Should be in by eleven A.M. I only need one class covered, and it is the last full day of classes for the kids, so no new content will be delivered. Exams will also be complete by then. Well, it was denied, with the excuse that we are asked to not take personal time the last two weeks of school.

First, this is not personal time, it is medical leave time. Second, I scheduled it purposely next week (and not this week or last) so that I would be here to review with my kids and prep them for exams and not leave that to a sub. In fact, I may have taken ONE sick day all year and NO personal time. I feel super disrespected as a professional.

So, do I make a stink or suck it up?

Thanks for letting me vent. Back to my grilled chicken and cabbage lunch.
Ugh. We're NEA. If I had a similar situation, I'd probably call the NEA office and ask questions before making a stink with whoever denied it. They're good at offering advice.
Closed Thread