View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #308
glynne
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Marie ~ We don't feel like door mats. We offered to do it for Sara to help her save money instead of having to pay for day care. DH and I sort of both are involved ~ when one of us needs a break the other one is there. DH has more patience with her than I do and has been at it so long with her, he knows how to handle her pretty well. He often times goes and takes her ~ like to the parks and library and stuff like that, and I opt to stay home ~ that gives me a break from it. And often times, we have her with us, because the other option is her father or her father's parents, and Maddie comes back from time with them even more sassy and impolite. So we figure that we will deal with it and it is maybe better for her than spending time with people who aren't the best influence on her. When it gets rugged ~ I try to remember a couple things I have read (saw on Facebook) which I thought were good thoughts.

Also, I was working up until last August, so this is really my first time to be around her for so many hours and days. I asked DH what percentage of the time he felt like she was disagreeable compared to the pleasant times ~ he said 10% rugged times and 90% pleasant times. I guess it just feels like more when you are going through it. And sometimes it almost seems like she is testing ~ will we still love her even when she is not so pleasant to be around. I don't ever want her to feel like I don't love her. I do talk to her when she isn't behaving nicely and let her know that it is not acceptable. It will be ok
Attached Images
File Type: jpg childrens moods.jpg (20.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg kids who need the most love.jpg (19.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg maddie and zeebee at breakfast.jpg (31.1 KB, 3 views)

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Last edited by glynne : 06-04-2014 at 04:40 PM.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote