View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #18
Mrs Snark
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/see blog/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Marlene - I hope something turns up in the job search soon! When the timing is right it is hard to wait patiently! I suck at patience is all things, really.

Rennie - If you are looking for fiber, may I suggest cans of black beans? I can tell you, they do the job!

Zumbachica - I so agree with you on celebrating every moment and every "small" victory. I've noticed that when I start looking too far ahead at how I should do X and how I should do Y and blah blah blah, I start getting overwhelmed and it all seems impossible. When I just think about what to have for lunch I have a much easier time!

Cattails - I had previously googled bird handler's disease when you mentioned it before. That really is terrible. I'm so sorry your mom has to suffer with this -- a lung transplant is scary stuff.

Regarding my arthritis and painting: I'm painting for both maintenance and for pleasure. In the house I'm doing some door painting and sprucing up.

On the pleasure front, I am getting ready to paint a vintage-look sign as a gift for my husband's birthday. The sign will hang in our sailboat. Our sailboat's name is Knotty Dog. The sign will say "Knotty Dog Lounge" and will feature a Westie wearing a little sailors hat (our Westie is our boat dog) and I'd like the word Lounge to look like it is written in rope. It's all a little experimental and I've never tried to do a vintage-style hand-painted sign before.

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird.)