Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2001, 11:33 AM   #1  

Okay, let's start fresh...new thread, new attitude, new outlook on life...

Not that we cannot complain, I agree Dolphin it does help to know that we are not alone in our struggles. I do think however, that it is our optomism...our ability to keep picking ourselves back up and starting once again that binds us together. We know we're life-ers lol, but there is no reason we can't keep supporting one another from a weight closer to goal right...it's not that we're afraid that we'll lose our little support group if we complete the task right! We have nothing to lose but the weight, everything to gain including health, confidence and a new wardrobe!...even new undies!

So here it is Monday, start fresh, put the past behind you and work to put your best effort back together!
Old 04-24-2001, 10:40 AM   #2  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Okay dookie- You want us to stop our b****ing! We'll try and be good for ya! Well I think I found my modivation. I saw the vegas show Storm last night. It's a show on seasons done to Latin music. What beautiful hard bodies. That's what I want!!!!

I am gonna go get new allergy medication so I can enjoy morning walks again. The baby is seeing an ENT sometime next week. Think we gotta do tubes. But that is better than these weekly trips to the docs. Michaels hasn't called but I think they were gonna hire for the new west side location first and then this side. I have faith they will call eventually. I am off to clean the house and burn some calories! audri
Old 04-24-2001, 12:22 PM   #3  

lol, I've been the queen of complaints lately...so everyone else can post whatever they darn well feel like and not catch up to my negativity! In fact.....

No, today is a new day, I hope I make the most of it!

Warm wishes for Grif.... hope you can get him feeling okey-dokey for good soon!
Old 04-24-2001, 01:23 PM   #4  

I'm still trying to get the eating under control. I upped my exercise last week and did better with the eating. Forget about the eating over the weekend but I did get plenty of exercise helping my daughter move. I does seem strange to know she's not coming home, bothers me more then I thought it would. Good excuse to eat more...NOT lol!!

Hope everyone is doing good.
Old 04-25-2001, 10:54 AM   #5  
you can call me flower

Sandy-sorry you are missing your daughter. Try to focus on the positive parts and really enjoy the visits and phone calls. She'll need ya a lot more now. The friendship thing starts happening now.

Mail...how's treatment coming along. It is so wierd how many people I know who are going thru various treatments just like yours. I wonder if the tests are getting better or if something in the environment is making us go bad???? Luckily that is one thing I have not gone wrong. Body parts are dropping down there, but they are still all healthy.

I got my allegra yesterday. A few days of it and my sneezing should be gone! I think I got Grif's pink eye. Doc said I could use his medicine too. I can walk soon w/out sneezing my head off. Doors are opened at 7 am. It's gonna be a warm one. audri
Old 04-25-2001, 09:00 PM   #6  

Sandy, good for you for working so hard right now...no wonder you got to goal! And you'll be back there soon.

And Audri, I hope the tests are getting better...other reasons like dr's quick to do procedures or evironmental causes are scarry...but I'm drinking a bit more green tea, and eatting more soy hoping that might help.

I think I must really be missing the mark for me to have so few - currently none - stork rentals. I hope this weekend at the youth day helps...kids are gonna color pictures of a stork at my booth, and get a lollipop. I'll have two of my storks there and coupons and flyers etc. I'm considering teaching water fitness classes and swim lessons at the Y this fall when Patrick is in Preschool...but in my heart I'd rather just be doing this stork thing. I see pregnant women all the time, and I never say anything to them directly. Maybe I should get more bold? Hmmm

2 days in a row of being good...hopefully I can make it 3 tomorrow!
Old 04-27-2001, 12:14 AM   #7  

Yea, made it three...going for four!

Today I must admit, that I wished I could aford liposuction! I know, bad idea, but I looked at my blobby belly and just thought no amount of crunches will make it go away! Just suck it out through a straw! I won't put it back on I promise!
Old 04-27-2001, 12:07 PM   #8  

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing good. I just got back from a walk at the beach with my dog. It was a little chilly but not too bad.

We are heading to our place in NH this afternoon, I haven't been there in a while so I'm looking forward to it.

Flower, I'm lucky, my daughter and I are already good friends. How did the allegra work for you? It will be nice to go for a walk without sneezing.

Mailwhale, keep up the good work, I hear you on the belly thing, that's where I still have problems and that's where the weight I gained back ended up.

Have a great weekend!
Old 04-27-2001, 04:25 PM   #9  
you can call me flower

Hey girlfriends! How are you? Chris starts his job today. Yeah! I really hope he likes it. Too bad it's on the strip. It is so hot and the Allegra isn't working as well as the Benadryl does. Gotta go. Kids need me.
Old 04-28-2001, 02:56 AM   #10  

TGIF!! ...whew, what a long week! Intend to spend the weekend cutting out brush again, so will get in a good workout, muscle-wise anyway! Also getting in some walking, too, so in that I'm feeling better!

In the health dept tho, saw the dr this AM and am on my 4th antibiotic since Feb... sounds like most of us are having our share of nasty's this spring! Dr scheduled more tests/scopes, etc... so maybe he'll get to the bottom of whatever's going on <uh..no pun intended>

Mailwhale, thanks for the good pep talks... how's day 4 going? Hope your stork booth is a huge success! Seems marketing a new idea is the toughest part... hang in there, it sounds like something that should take off!

Sandy, hope your weekend in NH was a relaxing one... so good to be finally seeing spring in the mtns, huh?! Tho walking along the beach sounds wonderful... we're getting itchy to get our beach "fix" in, soon!

Audri, hope Grif is feeling better... that Chris likes his job.. and your allergies are getting better! ...So weird how many people I've talked to from Vegas this week<interviewed one who moved here from Henderson- said jobs out there are hard to find!> ... plus office buddy was there this past weekend - she said it was gorgeous -got in lots of walking before flying home Tues! Envied her.. toured CA, AZ, UT, NV - and came back with a gorgeous tan!!

Dolphin, hang in there... we're all struggling, and Mailwhale's right... we're in for the long haul, and supporting each other when we're having both ups and downs is what's been such a great thing since we all met in the Chub Club. How's it going for you this week?

Well... potty trip ended up checking in... but better get in more alarm-free snooze-time! TTYL!!! Have a great weekend!!!
Old 04-29-2001, 01:18 AM   #11  

Hey Audri, Good luck to Chris...hope it works out great! And I'm sorry that your allegra isn't working as well as you hoped, Claritin? Nasonex?

Well Sandy, I guess we can learn to like our tummys or do something about it eh? lol

Sounds like you're ready for a vacation to some place warm itsworthit...both for your sniffles and just for the fun of it! It not, visualize it while doing your yard work!

Well, tomorrow is the day! I've made about 100 Apple Blossom Coupons...free extra day or 20 free lollipops. I hope the weather is nice so that lots of folks come on down! We've got a questionable forcast

I think I'm about even after gaining on my 8 in 8 week and losing on my 7 in 7 week... hmmmm the saga continues
Old 04-29-2001, 11:26 AM   #12  

Gals....I was lost & no-one told me that everyone was still around. I kept waiting for the e-mail thing to tell me there was a post but it didn't come. I am so busy lately that I didn't even think aobut the fact that maybe there was a new thread. DUH!!! I really feel dumb. I just kept thinking you all were too busy to post too. so from now on if I seem to be MIA someone please find me ok?

It does sound like everyone is busy. I hope things are working out for you.

Flower is the Allerga working yet? How is Chris' job going?

Mailwhale how was the Apple blossom festival? Did lots of people stop at the booth?

Sandy was NH beautiful this weekend? Did you get a good walk in?

Itsworthit, how is the brush coming? I sure hope you are feeling better soon.

I have been good, really good, for 3 full days. Hurray!!! I have been journaling every bite. I don't like to but it does keep me focused on what goes in my mouth. I have been doing crunches along w/ my exercise but I don't think my tummy will ever be flat either. Oh well, maybe just being healthy is good, not shooting for the goal of looking perfect. (I'm sure that won't ever happen.)

I am really busy lately. My oldest is coming to the end of her senior year & it is going to be crazy. We were looking at the calendar & every weekend until graduation is taken up & lots of weekdays too. It is so exciting for her & exciting & sad for me. We are great friends & it will be hard to have her leave in the fall.

I really hope all of you are having a good day. Try to eat right & have a positive attitude. We can succeed!!!
Old 04-30-2001, 12:32 PM   #13  

Yea, the festival went really well! Lots of kids, parents and interst...it was well worth it, though it may take me a few days to recover lol! The lollipops were a hit and quite a few kids really enjoyed the coloring too. As soon as I get the pictures developed and on my website I'll let ya all know!

Okay, 6 days of being good for me, so I hope to continue on and see some real results...but I'm shocked to learn that I won't look perfect in the end, lolololololol. Yes, healthy is the point. Yet I can't help wondering if we can't just magically remove my jelly belly!
Old 04-30-2001, 12:49 PM   #14  

Hurray for Mailwhale! I hope this is the beginning of a run on the stork business. Congrats on 6 days of being good too.

I am on day 5 of being good & I'm still feeling strong. The sugar cravings are going down now & that is really a plus b/c sugar is my weakness. I've been busy since 6:15 & I still have lots to do so have a wonderful, healthy & happy day.

Don't forget to post... at least a hello.
Old 04-30-2001, 05:19 PM   #15  

Hi everyone,
We had a great weekend in NH, the snow is just about gone. I worked out in the yard all day Saturday and most of Sunday. So I got plenty of exercise. It was beautiful out, in the high 50's and sunny and best of all, no bugs! This will probably be our last weekend without bugs, so I took advantage of it.

Flower, how is everything going?

Mailwhale, congrats on doing so well, keep it up. Keep working on that belly, you're young, I'm sure you'll be able to get it back in shape. As for me, I don't really see it happening lol.

Dolphingirl, it sounds like you are doing good, I'm happy for you. I didn't go for a walk in NH this weekend but took the dog to the beach this morning and had a nice walk. This was her last walk at the beach, no dogs starting tomorrow. Poor Daph!

Itsworthit, hope you are feeling better. Did you have fun cutting brush this weekend? Also do you have a black fly season in VT?

Keep up the good work everyone.
Closed Thread