View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #29
deelee10

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches-

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm trying to stay on my diet plan and realized I need to retrain my thinking and get more support. I read the pink Beck book in 2010 after seeing this group. I realize I have to reread the book and go through the steps again due to recent life changes.

I too had 2 parents with lots of needs. Both had Alzheimer's. DM also had diabetes, Parkinson's and then last year, breast cancer. The chemo nearly killed her, then a mastectomy. To make a long story short, she died on May 12. And my dad keeps forgetting that. They were both in Assisted Living with Memory Help though my mom was in the hospital and then nursing care for the last month. My dad is still in assisted living though I don't know for how much longer. He is 87, very skinny and getting too weak to walk very far. At some point they will want to move him to the nursing care section of his retirement community.

I need to reread Beck, to relearn how to comfort myself without food. I apologize for making this so long. Some things are just harder to make short. I thought about waiting until tomorrow to post when I could figure out how to be more succinct but then decided it was more important to just get started.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Started IP 1/14/11