Old 05-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #1  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Angry Starting Over Again (AKA 3rd Time's a Charm?)

Hello everyone...

I just wanted to stop in and re-introduce myself. I've been here before, under another account who's info I forgot (and don't have access to the email I used anymore). It depresses me that I'm starting over. Again. For the 3rd time. After getting down to the 240s, I am back above 300 (I had hit 330 at one point and after 2 weeks am down to 323), and at the highest weight I've ever been.

My name is Mandy. I am 30. I am hating myself right now and I can't believe I let myself get back to this point, regardless of the reasons.

All I can do is move forward, and I remembered this website being helpful to me in the past. Moving all about the country has really messed with me, food wise. It's stressful, and I eat my emotions. But one more move and I'll be *done* with the moving for a while.

This post is disjointed and pretty much reflects my thought processes right now.

I am also using MyFitnessPal to track my calories, user name also FeraFilia, if you use that site and would like to add me there.

This time around I am armed with a food scale, a heart rate monitor, and have plans to get a Fitbit One. I really can't afford to *not* succeed this time.

I can do this. I WILL DO THIS.

Thanks for reading, and my future posts will be much less depressing as I'm a naturally happy, cheerful type person.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Because this thread has sort of become a chronicle of my progress, I thought I'd add my chart to the first post.

My Weight Chart:

Last edited by FeraFilia; 06-20-2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: adding chart
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #2  
~*Mandy*~

Feeling a little better after doing 30 minutes of step aerobics.

My mini goals are the 10s. Currently discussing rewards with my husband. Our current thought is a jar where we add 1 dollar per pound, paid out in the 10s, with bonuses at bigger mile stones... Though we're still in discussion. Maybe a new book every 10... I do love to read.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:16 PM   #3  

Hi and welcome back! There's no law against starting over-if there were, I would be banned. This is at least my third time here! The important part is that you came back, and this time you are fully armed with all the tools for your success. I really like your ideas for rewards. I should do that, and start a little fund for my next vacation. Of course as slow as I am losing, I will be 100 before I can go... Ok maybe I will just stick to new clothes instead!
Again, welcome back, and I will be looking for some continued posts about success in the near future. Just don't give up this time, ok?
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:28 PM   #4  
~*Mandy*~

I'm still wearing the silver bracelet I purchased for myself as a reward for hitting 270 and 30 pounds lost last time around... every time I look at it I get mad at myself for letting myself get back to 300+

I will not give up this time. My husband is counting on me to lose the weight. We're supposed to be trying for a baby this summer, but it's now being pushed back because I couldn't stick with weight loss.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #5  
~*Mandy*~

Pretty proud of myself today. My husband and I will be going out of town to a church conference and to visit some family in about a week. I just made a point of checking to see if the hotel has a fitness center of some type and plan to take my HRM and my tablet to keep track of my calories in and out. There will be a lot of guessing on the calories in, but I'm hoping to keep things at a minimum with measuring the calories out. Now, I just need to remember to STICK TO THIS PLAN.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #6  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

~*Mandy*~

Welcome back, You can do it, I look forward to reading your posts.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #7  
~*Mandy*~

Thanks Terra! I'll probably keep a lot of my progress commentary in this thread.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #8  
~*Mandy*~

30 mins of exercise... done!
Food all pre logged on MFP... done!
Water for the day... Work in progress :-\

Weigh in tomorrow! Hoping to cross the "10 pounds lost" threshold!
Old 05-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #9  
~*Mandy*~

I know this isn't a very big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I am super excited about hitting 319.6 this morning, and officially passing the 10 pounds lost mark. That means I have gotten 6% of the way to my goal! It also means that I am 3% smaller than I was when I started.

Numbers make me happy.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 335/305/225

Height: 5'4

I'm back for the 3rd time as well. Originally lost 45 pounds but have gained back about 15
New month, new goals, new me... We can do this!
NorCalMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #11  
~*Mandy*~

We CAN do this! I got lots of tools this time and a rewards system in place to keep me going.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:12 AM   #12  
MaryKay

S/C/G: 230/221/175

Height: 5'11

I'm also back for the 3rd time congratulations on losing 10 pounds! that's awesome...keep up the good work.
MaryKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #13  
~*Mandy*~

Thank you, MaryKay! Focusing on the 2nd set of 10 to lose right now... I'm common core-ing my weight loss... Keeping it in 10-sticks. Heh.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #14  
~*Mandy*~

Traveling the next few days! Trying to keep some sort of loose plan for my foods. The meals are provided, so that will make it tough. I'll try to focus on the proteins and veggies and not stuff my face with sweet treats. I'll be sure to walk around a lot, too... I don't want to do too much damage this week! I was tempted to take my scale for my typical Friday weigh-in, but that seemed a little too obsessive. :P
Old 06-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #15  
~*Mandy*~

One month progress report.

I started over on May 11, so yesterday was 1 month back to it. 1 month of weighing and measuring and counting all the food that goes in my mouth. 1 month of making sure I'm moving around more. 1 month of 3x per week dedicated 30 minute cardio workouts.

Results? 17 pounds gone. I started at 330.6, yesterday was 313.8.

4 more pounds and I get a new book. YAY!