View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #36
catlady1981

S/C/G: 206/141.9/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole12 View Post
Yesterday my husband and I had oour 4th weigh in and it was the smallest loss thus far but alas, still a loss. I am down another 2.8 lbs for a 4 week total of 18 and he was down another 4 lbs for a 4 week total of 40lbs.

Our coach re-does the body fat composition t est every 4 weeks so it was time to run the test. It showed that we had both lost more lbs in th elean category than in the fat category so she asked us if we had "cheated" and we have not. She said she had to ask as she sees this result for one of two reasons, 1. the person is eating too many carbs, or 2. its early on in the weight loss process so the % of lean lost could be contributed to more water weight. Then she said there are some coaches that dont even use the body fat test because they feel its not very accurate.

I was a little offended that she jumped right to the "are you cheating question" because we are not. Has anyone else had these results? Is this machine really even that accurate?

Thx and have a great day everyone

S/C: 223/205
Husbands S/C: 350/310
There was a video just the other day from Dr. Wilkinson explaining the BCA (Body Composition Analysis) and the gist of it was that it is not always accurate. Just as the scale is not always accurate. If you have a high hydration amount it takes longer for the electrical current to travel through your body and this shows up as a smaller fat loss. There are so many variables and just like the scale measurement, this is just one moment in time. It's just another method to look at losses. Both you and your husband are loosing, inches and pounds, right? So it's a win. I don't put to much stock in the numbers each time as a singular guidepost.

They all make up a small part of the big picture, which is, you're loosing. And that is what we are all here for.

Goal #1 - 150 lbs - Goal Met!! 149.9 10/11/14
Goal #2 - 136 lbs - By 12/31/14?

Weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens in the gym.