Old 06-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ Chat Thread: June, 2014

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #2  

Hello,

I am not sure how much I weigh, but I know I am above 330 since that's the highest my scale goes. It is hard to know that you have this huge journey in front of you and so long to get to where you need to be. I guess focusing on small goals is the best way to go.

I do have social anxiety, so I may not post a whole lot - hope that's okay. I'm in my late(ish) 20s and not really following any diet plan. Just trying to keep an eye on calories and exercise.
autumn_owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:20 PM   #3  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

autumn_owl— Welcome to the thread! Post as often as you feel comfortable with, but let me tell you, posting to this thread on a near-daily basis has been a huge help to not only my weight loss effort, but to all the stresses for which I've been needing support. Everyone here is very friendly: the more you talk about your life and what you're going through, the more people can direct specifically helpful remarks to you. By the way, my husband has social anxiety, too: he really went into a shell for about five years, during a severe depression, and is only just now emerging a bit. So I know how tough it is to overcome those barriers to interacting with other people! At least here you don't have to worry about people looking at you, and this thread is absolutely free of judgement—about how much you weigh, or about anything else. =smile=
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #4  
rockin' my 60s!

Gee, no one seems to be around tonight, but all the same I have an update on the kittens...Here's just a little photo: the solid-color adult you see is their mom, Cherry Bomb, and the striped adult is her mother, Penny. Apparently Grandma's been hanging out with the litter, who are now 6 weeks old. They've just been weaned onto solid food, and are doing well. I think that's my Oscar whom you see lolling around on the leopard-print blanket. 'Still don't know which female will be mine: the breeder will be picking one of the 3 females for her breeding program, but she won't know which one until they're about 8 wks old.

Have a terrific Monday everyone! I plan to, that's for sure, because I'm takin' a whole day off from the BERP. Goddess knows I need it.... =big smile=

Last edited by Fiona W; 06-01-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

welcome Autumn Owl

Love the kitties Fi!

Nice to be back on what I hope is more regular (at least until I get home)

Having no internet is intense... makes me feel more isolated. But very happy to have it back!

My kids did awesome with their play and enjoyed it all very much!

Thanks all for the support.

Hope your day is fantastic!
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:50 AM   #6  

Thank you for the welcomes.

Fiona, glad to hear your husband is coming out of his shell some. I spent most of my teenage years locked away in my room. Took off from home when I was 20 - my anxiety improved some while I was away, but I ended up back home a few years later when my anxiety kicked back in full force. Been trying to force myself to get over it these past few years, but it just hasn't been getting easier. Seeing a therapist right now and hoping to really get this under control with medication, healthy eating habits, and exercise. I also have PCOS and insulin resistance, so the weight loss sometimes is a little difficult. Usually, exercise and fewer carbs is what works for me.

I cannot seem to get the picture to load Our kittens will be turning 8 weeks this Wednesday. We took in a stray when the really cold weather was around, and she just happened to be pregnant. She had three, but one passed away during birth. It was a sad time, but the two that survived are just adorable. My grandmother is adopting one, but we're not sure what we are going to do with the mother and kitten #2 (we named him Batman, so there's a chance we may be stuck with this little guy, hehe).

- What is BERP, if you don't mind my asking?

time4me2change - The internet is my main connection to the world, I can definitely understand feeling isolated without it. Glad the play went well.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #7  
rockin' my 60s!

autumn_owl— Of course I don't mind your asking what the BERP is: it stands for Big Entropy Reduction Project, and is basically a massive decluttering and organizing of my house. I'm a collage artist, so I collect paper—magazines, books, you name it. In anticipation of getting two new family members—oriental shorthair kittens—in July, I'm trying to reduce the quantity and disorder of that paper, and make lots of space for them to run around and jump and play in. Enjoy your own kittens! Eight weeks is a very cute age.

Last edited by Fiona W; 06-02-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Autumn Owl! So glad to have you join us!
Fi the kitties are adorable! I think it is wonder ful how you are enriching Grace's life. I think you will be a terrific teacher/mentor for her.
Terra Look at you down to 289! Walking works!
Silent I see you are soon to join the 280's club! Just so you know I did a few social things while I was gone so you can relax and not feel too much pressure from me for a while.
Sam happy anniversary! Please let us know when you hear fom Rob's Dr. I will be praying... Good job on the weight loss. Wow a lot of you are hanging out in the 280's! Good job.
Sugar LOVE your picture! I am proud of you for losing while on vacation!
Betsy I hope by the time you read this your ticker is moving down. I'm proud of you for getting all that regain off! Good Job!
Melissa nice to see you!
Larry & Dean how are you?
Sorry if I missed any one!
I am back and down 4 pounds!!! I needed to take a computer break because I was spending way too much time on here. Life is good and making plans for dealing with the challenge summer brings to my eating.
I missed you all but proud that I could stay on track by myself. BUT I don't recommend it!

Last edited by Ubee; 06-02-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #9  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Yep, I've worked hard to get into the 280's even if it is only 289.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Ubee - Joined the 290's again sadly . With a vengeance (298), maybe i'll have more success this month. *grumpy lol* Cloudy, Cold, gloomy weather is NOT helping any either.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Terra please don't say only 289. You are doing great. Give yourself credit.
Silent you will have more success this month. It took me a long time to get over this awful winter. I am happy I stuck around or I know I would be back up past my highest.
Positive attitudes...
Man, I missed you guys!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #12  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Okay I take back what I said about only being 289. Thanks for your kind words
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #13  
rockin' my 60s!

It's wonderful to see you back, Ubee! Good for you that you lost four pounds! Our group has been kind of slow without you, and with Betsy only posting once a week. I wonder what's up with Sam? I miss her long enthusiastic postings. Sorry to hear you're struggling, Silent: just keep at it, one day at a time. Congratulations on making it into the 280s, Terra! Your walking is really paying off! Nice to see you here, Melissa: tell us more about what's going on with you, when you get a chance. Larry, Dean, Sugar, and Jane, I hope you'll come back soon! autumn_owl, I look forward to hearing more about you. =smile=

Well, I had a nice day off from everything. I had to stop myself several times from doing things for the BERP, that's how much it's become my life. I wrote one postcard, but other than that I didn't do anything for anyone else. I mostly worked on decorating the front and back covers of my art journal. I want to be ready to show it to Grace on Saturday, when she's supposed to have her own art journal decorated, too. I have a few more things to add to it, but the bulk of the work is done. My collage studio is filling up with piles of books that I've moved up from downstairs, so I gotta get those squared away before Saturday, too.

I did have a significant mood slump in the afternoon: depression pain, pretty bad. Maybe my brain is feeling all the stress from the BERP, and it needed to take a dive for a few hours. But tonight I'm good, and I got my leg exercises done without too much strain. I've been slacking off on those for a while, so I needed to get back with the program. I plan to make an early night of it, and attack the BERP with a vengeance in the morning.

Last edited by Fiona W; 06-02-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:23 AM   #14  

Fiona - That sounds like a pretty big project! I would need a break, too. Honestly, I'm not sure I could deal with doing all of that, but the new family members sound very worth it.

Ubee - Thank you for the welcome Congratulations on the loss - must feel great to know you can stay on track on your own I understand needing a break from the internet.

I'm having a difficult time getting the exercise in. I think the problem is all the excuses I find myself coming up with. Family trip to the mall tomorrow, so at least I will be getting more exercise than my body is used to these days. Looking foward to the walking around, but hoping the place isn't packed since we're going as soon as the mall opens. Going to work on an exercise schedule tomorrow.

I did have some small victories today. I said no to several things - Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, Burger King, high calorie Speedway (gas station store) drinks, soda, leftover french fries, and chips offered with my lunch. Felt like I was saying "no thank you" all day. For the first time in my life, not a single person made me feel guilty for saying no. Usually, my family will continue to offer and try to talk me into it until I give in. It was nice to be able to say no to each offer only once.

I think I may look around for a scale tomorrow that can actually weigh me.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Hey everyone

I am coming off of one of the worst days I've had all year (work wise anyways).... First off it was over 40 degrees Celsius all day, and the A/C in my classroom isn't really working... I had 15 grade 12 students writing an exam all day, and the coverage and new room assignment schedule never got done.... so I felt like I was ruining everyone's day (even though it wasn't actually my fault, and people pointed out to me it was not my fault) I still felt responsible because they were kicked out of their classroom with no notice for my students' exam....

On top of that, I had actually been up half the night stressing about the coverage not being done and this morning when people I care about were upset, I was in tears.... luckily only 1 other teacher saw that, and he's a good person who was go with the flow and wasn't bothered with the last minute information.

Why I'm upset at myself is I could have made a mock schedule 2 weeks ago and then just ask for approval from my principal instead of just going to ask him for help with the schedule.... I am trying to find my balance of helping to plan coverage and telling people what to do.... last year my principal just did the scheduling herself and went over it with me......... so I really didn't know what to expect this year, and my current principal clearly didn't know what to expect either........... I'm just sorry it upset several people.... and I felt completely exposed and vulnerable (because I felt at the centre of it all).... and still feel sick to my stomach about it (3 cheers for social anxiety and being the root cause of mass stress at an already testy time of year)

UGH... and tomorrow I get to go through day 2 of the exam.....

Honestly I am not thinking about weight loss (scale is already packed) until I get home at the end of June........too much going on at the moment nothing else will fit on my plate.

I hope you all had better Tuesdays.
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote