Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 05:35 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily chat Tuesday 6/3/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #2  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

I haven't had access to my scale for over two weeks, and it was so hard not knowing how I was doing. I finally broke down and bought another scale to use while I'm traveling. Even though I've been on the road, eating lots of restaurant meals, and retaining so much water from lack of activity, I am down another 2.6 pounds! That makes 23 lb in just over 6 weeks on IP. I'm so happy - stick to the plan, and it does the work for you! ::
Old 06-03-2014, 07:01 AM   #3  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday everyone! Up early this AM as my hubby just left for a work trip to Switzerland and Germany. Wish me luck as a single mom for the week. I am so proud of him as this trip is part of an award he won (wish I could've hone to though). I am also proud of him for losing 20lbs since Easter (when I started IP). He isn't doing IP...just cut out refined sugar and eating sensibly.

I am finding summer harder since I am constantly around non-OP food with my kids. I'm not really tempted...but it makes me grouchy. I need a mantra (besides "a moment on the lips....
Old 06-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #4  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Here's a mantra "If I go wrong, can't wear my thong"...
Old 06-03-2014, 07:22 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post

Anyone know how to clean coffee out of a keyboard???
Old 06-03-2014, 07:37 AM   #6  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Anyone know how to clean coffee out of a keyboard???
LOL! Congrats on staying OP while traveling. You're doing great!
Old 06-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #7  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Oh, a thong would be SOOOOOOOOO wrong for this girl, LOL!!!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #8  
IP start date May 6, 2014

Height: 5 ft 7

Disappointed with this weeks weigh in. I lost one pound, I was expecting more since I have upped my activity level with tons of kayaking (finally bought my own yesterday) and wearing some weights while cleaning.

I am hoping it was just a slow week for me and to loose more next week. Just disappointing..
Old 06-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #9  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherFeather54 View Post
Disappointed with this weeks weigh in. I lost one pound, I was expecting more since I have upped my activity level with tons of kayaking (finally bought my own yesterday) and wearing some weights while cleaning.

I am hoping it was just a slow week for me and to loose more next week. Just disappointing..
If you upped your exercise level you may be dealing with water retention while your muscles repair themselves. Increased activity can cause muscle soreness and your body will hold onto water while those heal.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 AM   #10  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
I haven't had access to my scale for over two weeks, and it was so hard not knowing how I was doing. I finally broke down and bought another scale to use while I'm traveling. Even though I've been on the road, eating lots of restaurant meals, and retaining so much water from lack of activity, I am down another 2.6 pounds! That makes 23 lb in just over 6 weeks on IP. I'm so happy - stick to the plan, and it does the work for you! ::
That is great! You should proud of yourself, I think it is much harder to stick to when away from home.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #11  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherFeather54 View Post

I think we are all going to have those weeks where we are disappointed. Mt theory is any loss is a good loss so hang in there.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #12  
Evemomma

Trying to get my brain ready for the idea that I will never be eating the way I was (and shouldn't....holy soda, batman!). How does South Beach maintenance compare to IP Phase 4? I have a friend in successful South Beach maintenance who keeps offering me reference materials and ideas. And some of her recipes sound delish!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbj View Post
I think we are all going to have those weeks where we are disappointed. Mt theory is any loss is a good loss so hang in there.
My scale is nuts, I weighed yesterday, the first time I stood on it, it read 249.2, I was like, wth? no way! so I stepped back on it, didn't move it or anything and it read 242.2??????? I did not try again! LOL I accepted the 242 lol

Seriously though, I can't wait for my official weigh in on Friday. I am telling myself that it does not matter what the scale says, I FEEL better. My clothes are looser, my stomach doesn't bulge out over my pants anymore, and I FEEL better!!! (I know I already said that, but that's the most important part) right??

It's confusing though because at my last WI at the hospital (on 5/23) I weighed 255, but my home scale said 250. So if my home scale reads 249.2 that would mean I am really 254.2 and that just can't be correct! So anyway, my scale is back in the closet. I will WI on Friday w/my coach.

In the mean time, I am going to focus on how I feel and how my clothes are fitting.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #14  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

WI today...officially in onederland! Trying to not let my rough night last night dampen the celebration. Saying byebye to 200s FOREVER!

I think I'm going to toss out my scale at home, it's also driving me crazy!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
WI today...officially in onederland! Trying to not let my rough night last night dampen the celebration. Saying byebye to 200s FOREVER!

I think I'm going to toss out my scale at home, it's also driving me crazy!
YAY!!! Congrats!! I can't wait to join you!!!
Closed Thread