View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #220
ladynredd

S/C/G: 285/254/125

Default A Pretty Good Month!

Hard to believe it's June now and the year is almost half over.

Since this thread has been so quiet I thought I'd post that in May I lost a total of 5.6 lbs. Of course I'd like to be able to say it was twice that much, but logically I know if I were able to do that every month in a year's time that would be 60 lbs., which would make a major difference on my 5 foot 2 inch frame. I just have to keep on keepin' on ...

And speaking of keepin' on ... DH is scheduled to have a colonoscopy tomorrow. He's had one before, 14 years ago, and is in an absolute tizzy about the preparations. The fridge is full with two different flavors of jello and the big jug of "stuff" that he has to drink. By dinnertime tonight he's going to be in full whine mode. I may well end up going out to dinner by myself so he doesn't have to smell what I'm making for dinner. Part of me wants to go to my favorite Thai restaurant and have a lovely plate of Pad Thai but if I do that I'm going to spend the next week trying to get my weight back down to where it is today, so perhaps I'll go to Denny's and have their apple & chicken salad. Or perhaps I'll stay home with him and just have a couple apples ...

I'll spend part of today figuring out how to handle the challenge of spending tomorrow at the VA Hospital. They do have a cafeteria but it's hard to eat healthy there.