View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 09:41 AM   #30
ladyinweighting

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
We had Maddie all weekend while Sara did stuff with Corbin. Mommy promised her a trip to Chuck E Cheese if she behaved for the time she was here. She behaved with just a few wrinkles at times, but so much better than other times.

Got good news from the endocrinologist today ~ my A1C has dropped back down to the “pre-diabetic” range (6.3). Yippee. Weight is dropping slowly.
Hi Gayle,

I would love to see a new photo of Maddie. Please share.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! GREAT news about your A1C. I am thinking about weaning myself off my meds. My A1C has been steady at 6.1 for several years. First thing I will need to do is geet a new glucometer - mine died several months ago.

This would involve MANY tests each day - 1st thing in the morning, an hour before and 3 hours after all meals, and last thing at night. It would also involve recording everything. Right now I take 2 pills/day. I would keep track for a week taking these pills & then start decreasing meds little by little each week while monitoring to make sure my blood sugar is doing well. Would probably also be REALLY good for my weight.

I will let you know if I do this.

Lynn