View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #25
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Walked, CREDIT moi, to include a hair cut by a neat Vietnamese stylist who chides me for going so long between visits then does a stellar job. Best part is that she asks no questions. "OK, not too long, not too short," and off she goes. Seemed prudent since we have a wedding to attend this weekend where pictures will be taken that their family will keep forever. Blows my mind that DW already knows what she's going to wear. I assume I'll wear something in my closet. Vive la différence.

Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, including dinner of white beans with sage on the patio wearing short sleeved knit shirts; felt like the first day of summer. Birds were in abundance. There are two healthy American Elms in sight and, sadly, one large one slowly dying. They've had a rough time around here. I had urges to get into DW's nut mix but remembered that I'm not doing high calorie snacks right now. I even walked into the pantry to browse the dried fruits but thought about their dense calories and remembered that one handful only makes me want another. And another. Eating when I'm not hungry doesn't make it go away.

onebyone – Kudos for morning gym. And another Kudos for being able to leave at 7:15 after waking at 7:00 - you could be a fireman in your next life.

CeeJay - Kudos, indeed, for "Did everything I told myself I would do" - days don't get better than that.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Yay for "peace and quiet here, something to savor" - sorry that it came at a cost in peace to your DH. Really appreciate your valuing "Routine." I so get it that everything I can move into my brushing-teeth category just gets done every day.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) – Love the notion of a kindle devoted to one book - especially a kindle that survived a cup of Jakarta hot chocolate. Can't be a better day than "had a plan and so far have eaten to plan" - Kudos.

maryann - Wishing you luck during your last week of school - with all those kids just dying to get out. Tis the season to enjoy fruits and veggies.

nationalparker – Ouch for the pain of not being able to be in two places at the same time. You've been serious help to both your mom and dad during your visit - leave with pride for what's you've done. Extra supportive thoughts for your final days there.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Yay for a new washer; Double Yay for having enough socks for the boys to get them through. [LOL at your DS filling out two library cards with summer reading. It's a happy moment when I spot a kid walking out of the library with an armload of books and a big grin - made poignant when right behind him in line will be a kid with an armload of Disney DVD's.]

Readers -
Quote:
day 17 End Overeating

Overload Your Plate - and Don't Eat It All

If you're tempted to eat the extra food, use some of the anti-craving techniques you learned on Day 13 [Overcome Cravings]. If you find that you still want to eat what's left on your plate, counter your sabotaging thoughts. For example, if you think, It's a shame that I can't eat this . . . It's bad to waste food, then tell yourself, Isn't it great that I'm not eating this . . . This is getting me closer to my goal of losing weight . . . This is helping me to strengthen my resistance muscle.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 153.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month