Old 06-02-2014, 05:51 PM   #1  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default Need some help please. I'm getting fatter by the minute!!

I bought "The New Atkins Made Easy" book because it seemed to break everything down to be a little more structured. I have a tendency to eat way too many calories on low carb. Has anyone read this and or follow this version. What do you think?
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Karen

I have been doing Atkins for a little over 10 years now. I follow Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (2002 version) because this and prior editions were written by Dr. Atkins himself.
You sound like you are a bit confused about low carb & calories etc. My suggestion would be to read one of the books written by Dr. Atkins before attempting to eat this way. This will educate you about his plan and doing it correctly.
If I can help you any further please don't hesitate to ask and I'd certainly be happy to
You CAN do this!!
All the best to you!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 06-02-2014 at 06:53 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #3  
One meal at a time!

You have actually helped me before...lol..I thought I bought the book you told me to but when it came in the mail, I think it was a different than the 2002 edition. Do you happen to have a picture or a link to the one you use. Oh and yes, I am very confused. I just know I feel better off the carbs.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dr-Atkins-Ne...5#ht_193wt_623

Hope this helps.

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 06-02-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #5  
One meal at a time!

I just went up to our storage and woohoo I have this copy and the 72 edition and one called DANDR The low carb approach. Thanks for the link. Time to get reading the WHOLE book. I'm sure I'll be bugging you again...lol
Old 06-02-2014, 08:24 PM   #6  
One meal at a time!

Oh one more thing. Do you watch your calories at all or just strictly carbs?
Old 06-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Oh one more thing. Do you watch your calories at all or just strictly carbs?
Keep in mind that everyone is different. I am definitely one of the lucky ones in terms that I've never really paid too much mind to calories on Atkins. I keep my carbs low (even after 10+ years) and stick to mainly salads & veggies. I do eat a baked sweet potato once a week and plain yogurt every morning but, neither of those things are to be eaten during Induction.
Glad you found the book. Read it and re-read it until you understand it if need be. I don't believe anyone can do this correctly if they haven't read the book first.
All the best to you!!