View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #13
Jenny38

S/C/G: 282/157/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Happy Monday, all!

I started last Tuesday and am having a couple of issues I was wondering if anyone else has had. First off, I'm super emotional. My boyfriend irritated me on Friday night and I ended crying for an hour. I had a right to be upset, but... I'm not sure the response was proportional to the offense. And I've been cranky all weekend. Usually this gets better when I eat something, but sometimes it persists for a while afterwards. Does this get better as you go along?

Second, I haven't "used the restroom" since before I started. I've been taking laxatives all weekend and I feel like things are starting to move, but so far nothing. Anyone have any tips? I've heard IP can cause this, but I kind of figured I'd be alright since I'm eating a lot more fiber than I was before. I've always been more of a twice-a-week person than a twice-a-day person, but this is getting silly. Plus my first weigh in is tomorrow, and I'd prefer to fix this problem before then. Any ideas on how to manage it in the future? I'm already taking a probiotic.
Hi Notcoolenough - I think it is normal to be ++emotional ++irritable when when changing how we eat, cutting out comfort foods etc. I know for me eating was a way of dealing with difficult emotions or to avoid emotions, now that I am not not eating like that I have more of those feelings. It gets better as you learn more about yourself and how to deal with those feelings. I also "grieved" to the loss of those comfort foods and would get annoyed when I saw people eat them. Now it doesn't bother me, I will estimate the calories on their plates and think to myself "it's not worth it".

It terms of constipation I have taken IP product, florax, and that has been helpful. Maybe you should try some of the products that arent' soy based and see if that helps.

hang in there.

Happy Monday everyone. Have a great day!