Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 06:16 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Monday 6/2/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-02-2014, 09:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Is there such a thing as too much water? The past few days I have been downing fluids like crazy, trying to keep from eating when I am done my IP. Is all of that going to flush through or am I going to find some of as an issue with fluid retention and subsequent weight gain?
Old 06-02-2014, 09:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Advice?

Happy Monday, all!

I started last Tuesday and am having a couple of issues I was wondering if anyone else has had. First off, I'm super emotional. My boyfriend irritated me on Friday night and I ended crying for an hour. I had a right to be upset, but... I'm not sure the response was proportional to the offense. And I've been cranky all weekend. Usually this gets better when I eat something, but sometimes it persists for a while afterwards. Does this get better as you go along?

Second, I haven't "used the restroom" since before I started. I've been taking laxatives all weekend and I feel like things are starting to move, but so far nothing. Anyone have any tips? I've heard IP can cause this, but I kind of figured I'd be alright since I'm eating a lot more fiber than I was before. I've always been more of a twice-a-week person than a twice-a-day person, but this is getting silly. Plus my first weigh in is tomorrow, and I'd prefer to fix this problem before then. Any ideas on how to manage it in the future? I'm already taking a probiotic.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #4  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Is there such a thing as too much water? The past few daysin I have been downing fluids like crazy, trying to keep from eating when I am done my IP. Is all of that going to flush through or am I going to find some of as an issue with fluid retention and subsequent weight gain?
You can throw your electrolytes off with too much water. Too much water can be fatal in crazy excessive amounts....but I doubt that's you though. Try munching on some lettuce or veggies dipped in WF dressing maybe?
Old 06-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #5  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Happy Monday, all!

I started last Tuesday and am having a couple of issues I was wondering if anyone else has had. First off, I'm super emotional. My boyfriend irritated me on Friday night and I ended crying for an hour. I had a right to be upset, but... I'm not sure the response was proportional to the offense. And I've been cranky all weekend. Usually this gets better when I eat something, but sometimes it persists for a while afterwards. Does this get better as you go along?

Second, I haven't "used the restroom" since before I started. I've been taking laxatives all weekend and I feel like things are starting to move, but so far nothing. Anyone have any tips? I've heard IP can cause this, but I kind of figured I'd be alright since I'm eating a lot more fiber than I was before. I've always been more of a twice-a-week person than a twice-a-day person, but this is getting silly. Plus my first weigh in is tomorrow, and I'd prefer to fix this problem before then. Any ideas on how to manage it in the future? I'm already taking a probiotic.
Yes...I think it's normal to be grouchy at first on IP...but constipation REALLY makes me a mess. There is another thread on just this subject. Coffee helps me...or Phillips Caplets. Othets have used Smooth Move tea with success. "Fleet" (magnesium citrate) is a last resort if it's been a week or more. But you have to be home ALL day. Good luck!

Last edited by evemomma; 06-02-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Yes...I think it's normal to be grouchy at first on IP...but constipation REALLY makes me a mess. There is another thread on just this subject. Coffee helps me...or Phillips Caplets. Othets have used Smooth Move tea with success. "Fleet" (magnesium citrate) is a last resort if it's been a week or more. But you have to be home ALL day. Good luck!
Already drink coffee daily, but I'll look into the Phillips or Smooth Move tea. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #7  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone! I had started on May 19, then lost my way for about a week. No gain back, but still lost a week that I could have been losing

Back on the path now and determined not to stray again.

So far, so good for today Taking it one meal at a time, and those meals are *with* me, my own, not having to go out some place and get veggies (and ahem, whatever else might fall into the bag).

Have a great day, an ON PLAN day!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

MIO drops, are these ok on IP? and is there a limit? I was tired of drinking plain water this weekend so I bought some seltzer water and added MIO drops. I just want to make sure i'm not messing up!!
Old 06-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
MIO drops, are these ok on IP? and is there a limit? I was tired of drinking plain water this weekend so I bought some seltzer water and added MIO drops. I just want to make sure i'm not messing up!!
My clinic said Mio was OK but only if you didn't have too much of it. I did a quick pinch in my 750 ml bottle just barely enough to flavour the water, but not like a sweet drink. It could slow your loss as there is a fraction of carbs in a squeeze. Do it too many times and it adds up. Just keep an eye out for this You can also put a tiny splash of lemon or lime in your water too for variety. Sometimes I did lemon splash with a pinch of Mango Mio, tangy but slightly sweet when I just couldn't face another plain water that day.

Liana
Old 06-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
My clinic said Mio was OK but only if you didn't have too much of it. I did a quick pinch in my 750 ml bottle just barely enough to flavour the water, but not like a sweet drink. It could slow your loss as there is a fraction of carbs in a squeeze. Do it too many times and it adds up. Just keep an eye out for this You can also put a tiny splash of lemon or lime in your water too for variety. Sometimes I did lemon splash with a pinch of Mango Mio, tangy but slightly sweet when I just couldn't face another plain water that day.

Liana
Thank you for the info, that's what I was worried about!! I think I went overboard with it, but that's because all I have had to drink for the past 2+ weeks is plain water! I will stick to lemon!! :-)
Old 06-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #11  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Happy Monday!
On track and 100% on plan. We had the big-mac-in-a-bowl last night, yummmy!!!

Found that Albertsons has are variety of WF products, also found that most are awful :-/

WI on Wednesday and although I'm 100% OP I am nervous still :-/ This program is so hard and if I'm not seeing substantial results I know my commitment won't be as strong. That's just my personality I'm afraid.

After buying several cartons of EAS RTD drinks I realized they are soy, which is a health nightmare, are the Premier drinks at Costco an OK alternative?

Last edited by Julzfatnomore; 06-02-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #12  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Happy Monday!
On track and 100% on plan. We had the big-mac-in-a-bowl last night, yummmy!!!

Found that Albertsons has are variety of WF products, also found that most are awful :-/

WI on Wednesday and although I'm OP I am nervous. This program is so hard and if I'm not seeing substantial results I know my commitment won't be as strong. That's just my personality I'm afraid.

After buying several cartons of EAS RTD drinks I realized they are soy, which is a health nightmare, are the Premier drinks at Costco an OK alternative?
You can do it! You're first weigh-in will really motivate you. The more I 've gone with the plan, the more creative i've gotten with my food. That helps me stay OP....using soy sauce, garlic, cilantro, pickles, peppers, spicy mustard, banana peppers, cayenne, and other delish flavors help me look forward to eating.

I really like the WF chipotle ranch and WF Thousand Island. Not a fan of WF Italian dressing or WF coleslaw dressing.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Happy Monday, all!

Hi Notcoolenough - I think it is normal to be ++emotional ++irritable when when changing how we eat, cutting out comfort foods etc. I know for me eating was a way of dealing with difficult emotions or to avoid emotions, now that I am not not eating like that I have more of those feelings. It gets better as you learn more about yourself and how to deal with those feelings. I also "grieved" to the loss of those comfort foods and would get annoyed when I saw people eat them. Now it doesn't bother me, I will estimate the calories on their plates and think to myself "it's not worth it".

It terms of constipation I have taken IP product, florax, and that has been helpful. Maybe you should try some of the products that arent' soy based and see if that helps.

hang in there.

Happy Monday everyone. Have a great day!
Old 06-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Advice from veterans please

Hi ya'll. Hope everybody had a fantastic weekend.

So here is my question. I have been on IP 15 weeks. In that time I have lost 29 lbs. That is an average of almost 2 lbs per week. BUT.. I have only had 4 weeks where my losses have been over 2 lbs. A couple of 3 or 4 lb weeks at the beginning and a 5 loss when I stopped my HRT. Other than that losses have been 1.4, 1.3 and this last WI was 1.2. If this trend continues, obviously, my average is going to go below 2 lbs a week. I'm not getting the losses that the coach figured on and neither one of us is all that thrilled about it. He has suggested eating an additional packet. I really can't do this because of the extra $$. He suggested I try Quest Bars as the extra. I had already cut out the restricted for the last 5 weeks because we thought that was slowing me down. And the last five weeks have all been 1.x lb losses. Is it possible to have too few carbs and that slows down losses as well? So would adding more carbs/protein back in shake things up?

Has anyone had any success with a strategy like this? I know the body is going to do what it's going to do, so I'm just looking for some advice or to hear about others may have experienced doing this.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #15  
Liz S.

S/C/G: 172/ 172 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I cheated a little bit this weekend.....I had a couple of my daughter's french fries at dinner last night and a few chips with salsa at a friend's dinner party on Saturday night. I hate feeling guilty about it. I had a great momentum going and was only IP during the work week which was great. I had a huge loss (my biggest one yet) from the week prior. One month and one day in, 21 days till my best friend's wedding and I hope I hope I hope I fit into my bridesmaid dress!!! AH!!!
Closed Thread