Old 06-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Observation from An OldTimer

I've been around the boards for a while, but not very consistently over the last year or so. When I first joined, I remembered that the board had a lot of fun and thought provoking posts where everyone chimed in. There was a very strong sense of community and we all got to know each other and there was tons of support. You can check in at different points in the day and always find someone willing to help lift you up and keep you on track. Now, it seems like everyone is separated into smaller groups and there isn't much interaction outside of the groups. I guess it must work well for those in the groups and everyone does seem welcoming, but I do miss the larger community. I need accountability and I need consistency and a group who is very active. Honestly, I find myself not very sure of where to plug-in.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I know what you mean, I miss it too
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #3  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

I loved this place when I was first here in 2010. I made so many connections and had such great support. I joined the Biggest Loser Challenge because I was involved in that back in 2010 and it was very active and encouraging. The team I'm on now is just....well, not what it was when I was involved before. And there seems to be so much more whining and contention on the boards in general. Honestly I feel kinna lost and often wonder why I'm still here.

So, yeah, I agree.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #4  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

I noticed that when I came back, too. (I had a previous account, konfyuzed or some such, account info and email are both gone).. It makes me kinda sad.

I remember you from before, Rhonda. I was here back in 2011 and 2012, mostly, and lost over 50 pounds (I posted in the daily weigh-in thread a lot), before gaining it all back plus some during a really stressful end of 2012, 2013, and beginning of 2014.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

It's a different board now, with different membership. A lot of folks have regained and disappeared and even the landscape of diets have changed. I find myself doing a lot of floating because the smaller threads and groups by and large don't quite fit someone maintaining (excepting the maintenance group). It is still a nice community but a bit less friendly, however I have noticed that on the Internet in general, on multiple places I haunt. People are ruder, less intellectually curious, less involved, and more flighty. It's not just a 3fc thing
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:08 PM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Yes, I feel the same way. I thought maybe I had just changed.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi ya'll. Was thinking the exact same thing. (and yes, I'm back.) It definitely was as smart place back in 2010-2011 when I was here a lot.

I have noticed the same thing on another board I frequent-- that was primarily because most of the really serious people have found smaller groups-- perhaps the same is true here too.

Arctic Mama, why has the landscape of diets changed?
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:46 AM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Yep, I would agree as well. I have followed the decade threads, meaning "getting out of the 250's and 260's" type of threads. It's ok, but the one I'm in is so quiet.... I talk to myself a lot.

So, what's the answer? Should there be a more generic thread or maybe an oldtimers thread? I don't know. I like the support of this site though. I would hate to lose that.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #9  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Yes! I have noticed the same thing. Maybe we should have an old timer's forum but that would make it even worse. I guess it's just up to us to keep it going. With that said, I have never found another message board system anywhere that's anywhere close to 3FC. I have a myfitnesspal for food logging purposes or just checking calorie counts on things and read through those forums and was amazed at how awful they are. I'm thankful for what's still here, but yeah, I miss some of the other old timers and the more "commeraderic" feeling.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'm glad I'm not alone in my thinking. What I'm going to start doing is posting generic threads that everyone can chime in on. And, I'll start posting every day. Maybe if we start off and people start responding, it will take off from there. It may just be a matter of giving everyone a chance to get to know one another and keep it positive and motivating.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

Chiming in to say that I agree. I'm a more recent member but I've been a lurker since 2006. I used to love the 100 lbs sub-forum but most of the threads in it are chat-type threads and a lot of people in it are super friendly but I'm not much of a chatter.

+1 for creating more general threads.
LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBreeze2010 View Post
Yes! I have noticed the same thing. Maybe we should have an old timer's forum but that would make it even worse. I guess it's just up to us to keep it going. With that said, I have never found another message board system anywhere that's anywhere close to 3FC. I have a myfitnesspal for food logging purposes or just checking calorie counts on things and read through those forums and was amazed at how awful they are. I'm thankful for what's still here, but yeah, I miss some of the other old timers and the more "commeraderic" feeling.
Ha, ha! I use myfitnesspal too, but just for calorie counting. I agree, those forums can be so brutal. They make me chuckle sometimes, but most of the time, I don't read them.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm glad I'm not alone! I love checking in daily, keeps me on track and I get interested in how my long ago friends are doing. I scroll page after page for some meaningful conversation but it's mostly weigh-ins for challenges or getting out of the XYZ weight class LOL

maybe it's up to us to post some topics for discussion??
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #14  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Trazey! It's good to see you are still around and maintaining. Congrats on that!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #15  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

thanks Mandy! I can't believe I've been around 7 years or more, yoikes LOL
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote