Thread: Milk only diet?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 02:26 AM   #17
Jana B

I know this is an old thread, but I am looking into WLS and at this hospital's program, which I believe is a Center of Excellence or something like that. I was told by the co-ordinator that the milk diet is true. She said it is on a per case basis but they require a 2-4 week pre op diet of fat free milk only. She told me that this shrinks the liver, reduces time in surgery and has shown to result in better weight loss after surgery. I haven't gone through the informational seminar yet, or had a discussion with the actual Doctor, but I'm not sure I have it in me to fulfill this requirement. I'm not a milk drinker. I haven't drank milk since I was a couple of years old. The co-ordinator told me to discuss this with the dietitian and maybe there's a way to alter the requirement enough so that I can get through it. Supposedly the center is one of the best in the area and the Dr's well respected, so …???? There's one other facility my insurance allows me to go to so I'll check that one out too, hopefully no milk diet there. If it was a protein drink….I could probably get by, but FF milk? GAG.
Jana B is offline   Reply With Quote