Old 09-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #16  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Poetic Waxing from Bliss- though now they make a container that is microwave safe, so no more stovetop for me.

Believe me, if you think it's bad when they're dark, it is so much worse if they turn white. I have no grays on my head, but my eyebrows, chin, and neck are covered. They are even more wirey and coarse than the dark hairs. They stick straight out. I had laser treatments about seven years ago, which helped while I was on BC, but when I went off it, a thousand new hairs came and replaced them. I can't be on hormonal BC anymore, so there's nothing I can do but wax and pluck like a fiend.

I am not going to have any eyebrows left by the time I hit 45 at the rate I am going. Better sit down and have my mom show me how she draws hers on I guess!
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #17  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Facial Hair:

The bane of my existence..... the most embarrassing part for me of PCOS. Constant monitoring to keep it under wraps, I am not lucky to have fine hair, it's coarse and super dark. So very frustrating. I found the only thing to get rid of it is what is called hard wax. I have to heat the wax on the stove and it doesn't use any strips. It drys hard and you yank away. Pulls out even the shortest of little hairs. What do you use?
I go for laser treatments -- supposed to have been "7 treatments at $110" would cure all. If you need more, you get them half price after that. Well, here I am, 10 years later at least, still going probably every 6 weeks to get laser so the "7 treatments" was a joke. But laser definitely helps. HOWEVEr I just bought myself a "No NO" (available via shopping channel and "As seen on TV" stores). It's $300 to buy, but I'm going to try it this year -- if it works, it will pay for itself in a very short time -- plus I can do other areas other than my face, like the "pits of despair"
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #18  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
I am not going to have any eyebrows left by the time I hit 45 at the rate I am going. Better sit down and have my mom show me how she draws hers on I guess!
... Ok that just made me laugh! If it helps, my hubby could do a "transplant" for you -- his are growing so bushy now I think his eyebrows are trying to reach his ear hairs. He's like a little hobbit or something (and only 44)....Shhhh... don't tell him I'm mocking him openly to millions of people. He's a little bit sensitive about the fact that his receding hairline is regrowing above his eyes!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
... Ok that just made me laugh! If it helps, my hubby could do a "transplant" for you -- his are growing so bushy now I think his eyebrows are trying to reach his ear hairs. He's like a little hobbit or something (and only 44)....Shhhh... don't tell him I'm mocking him openly to millions of people. He's a little bit sensitive about the fact that his receding hairline is regrowing above his eyes!
I'm sorry, but that made me LOL! Like, literally laugh out loud. Only the pets heard me. LOL, men...
EmilySebetka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #20  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I don't need to look any farther than my own husband, and he is only 38! I am constantly chasing him around with scissors and tweezers, he thinks I am crazy. But, I was vindicated the last time he got his hair cut- the girl offered to trim his brows for him. I said "SEE! I am not the only one who can see them!"

I would be interested to see what you think about the NoNo. It gets very mixed reviews, which has kept me from puling the trigger on it.
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #21  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

I am actually excited this week. My TOM last week was the most "normal" one I have had for years... It's actually helping loosing this weight. Who would have thunk it .... my DR was actually correct.
Tigerlvr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:58 PM   #22  
Diane on track July 2014

Just bumping this up for someone who had some PCOS questions
Old 06-01-2014, 12:48 AM   #23  

Height: 5'7

Awesome, so glad to see this thread pop up!
SarahEileen is offline   Reply With Quote