General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-30-2014, 08:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Body turning out differently than expected...

So, this going to probably get quite of few eyes rolls because it is a bit of a strange complaint.

But I have finally reached 167 which I haven't been since highs school and its great. But I have thigh gap already and I have to say that sort of bothers me. My goal weight is 130 and quite frankly I would be disturbed if the gap got too much wider.

Has anyone else had this happen? I mean I am still pretty chubby everywhere else! I get that this just my body, that everyone is built differently so I don't need some scientific explanation but I would like to know if people have experienced similar issues and how they felt about it (good or bad).
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #2  

Yes. But I love it! I suspect mine is due to childbirth?? Because I never had a thing gap before, but I noticed mine like 170 lbs! Which is quite over weight for me. I suspect it will get more pronounced, but I don't mind a bit. To be honest it makes me feel less fat than I still am.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #3  
Warrior Princess

I haven't had a thigh gap in a very long time. I'd welcome it.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

I don't necessarily mind a gap, I am just weirded out by how big it is. Especially in proportion to the rest of my body. I just look so weird in my jeans now, the legs are ridiculously baggy but the waist fits perfect.

I guess because I always admired Jennifer Lopez or Beyonce's body type I have never concerned myself with a thigh gap.
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Aesthetically it's not something I find attractive, perhaps it has something to do with gravity and pulling fat away from the inside of the thigh and down to the knee??? For someone super thin it seems to be caused by an absence of fat, but someone like me, only a shift of gravity would make that happen if at all.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:28 PM   #6  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Sounds like some muscle building is in order . That will help immensely with the puddling look of lean legs and loose skin. Not solve it, but alleviate the severity.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #7  

I did some quick googling and it appears to be mostly related to bone structure and as I suspected, childbirth (widening of the hips) can pronounce it. Have you had kids? Of course, the thinner someone gets the easier it is to get one. I don't know if my running (toning of thighs) has contributed to it?? But its nice. I like not having chub rub! lol...and my legs look long, lean and sexy (in pants lol) I think is helps balance out curvy hips, which I have. Enjoy it!!! So many women wish their thighs didn't rub together while walking.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote