South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 05:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default A two-month Weekend! May 31 & June 1

Sure wish the weekend was that long as I need a hunk of time to catch my breath!

I spent yesterday afternoon unpacking and sorting yard sale stuff in Jane's garage and had thought we'd put it out on the tables. Then I realized we were in the city. Duh! Jane lives in a nice neighbourhood but ... So I am off to haul it out this morning before the yard sale shoppers descend.

Drove home from town in a downpour - until I got to the hill leading into Delta when it cleared. There was a double rainbow over the Village which bodes well for the weekend! I'm hoping to be back from the sale by 2 today and get some more planting done. The raised bed is ready to be filled and that MUST happen this weekend.

By the way, I did a bit of a yard sale shop when we were working yesterday and bought a brand new electric wok for $3! I love stir fry but don't have the right pan. Stir-fried asparagus will be on tonight's menu.

Enjoy the two-month weekend!
Old 05-31-2014, 07:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, OK, Ruthie. It is a 2-month weekend, but June 10 already? That double rainbow over Delta must have been awesome to behold! What a welcoming sight to greet you home! I hope the yardsale is a big success today!

It's a gorgeous, sunny morning here today. And it was clear enough last night that we were able to stand on our front porch and get a pretty good view of the fireworks from the Strawberry Festival on the hill. That reminds me, that I must stop and get a flat of strawberries today since I ran out of time the other day.

I have a couple errands to run this morning, but I plan to spend the rest of the day soaking up the sunshine on my patio while keeping an eye on the grandkids in the pool.

Enjoy the day, whatever it may bring!
Old 05-31-2014, 07:37 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! Glorious sunshine here as well this morning. I have to get some groceries but hope to spend a substantial amount of time out in the gardens. I am going to replant some cucumbers that are almost dead and hope to play in my flower beds. I have a couple of bushes that look to be past their lifespan and they may be coming out. Just have to figure out what to replace them with.

Cottage, sounds like a great plan for the day. And I am jealous the strawberries are already in season for you!
Ruth, have a great garage sale. (and I feel a bit responsible for the fact that Cottage felt the need to check up on your date for today's post. Still can't believe no one else noticed the January chat this week...)

More coffee, anyone?
Old 05-31-2014, 07:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Cottage, sounds like you have a great day planned! THe strawberries sure have been good lately.

Ruth, I hope the sale goes well!

I'm going garage sale-ing myself!! . My daughter is horribly excited, and is bothering me about going (I need to do my routine, dear....she'll learn when she's older!). We'll go out to breakfast and then go around the town. Even DH is looking forward to it.

Then I'm going to work on my garden. We were still having a hard frost mid May, and suddenly now it's June. I'll just make sure to get all prestarted plants. More expensive, but still way cheaper than buying yucky grocery store stuff!

WOOO HOOO!!! I am officially (temporarily) unemployed!!!!!
WOOOO HOOOOOOO
Old 05-31-2014, 07:57 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm off plant saling, wish me luck
Old 05-31-2014, 08:11 AM   #6  

Good luck, Cyndi! And remember, self-control!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:49 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning
I'm headed up to the project to do some cleaning before the troops arrive! Yes, we are really getting to that stage! I ordered the appliances yesterday and they will arrive a week from today! We should be ready to rent by then! I worked at the restaurant tomorrow so it's time to put in a long day.

It sounds like everyone has great plans for the weekend! Enjoy!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. We are foregoing a vegetable garden this year. Really do not have the time to take care of it. Instead I'll get my produce at Homequest. It is a local farm by Joe. The have an "imperfect" section where a big bag if veggies is $1.00. The owner told me the city folks will only buy perfect looking produce. What do I care if my cucumber is crooked or a smushed looking pepper they all taste equally delicious

We made it all the way to the restaurant before Joe commented on recognizing cars in the parking lot. He was surprised by who was at the party. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. The food was awesome, not OP, but oh so good. My cake, cassata/cannoli, was a HUGE success. I was very happy people enjoyed it as it was quite the labor intensive dessert.....maybe I burned off calories making it lol

Had a follow up with my ortho for my knee. There is a ganglion cyst which does not seem to be my problem as it isn't where the pain is. I do have arthritis in the knee (shocker) and my knee cap doesn't track well at all. So for now no surgery Whoo hoo. Had a cortisone injection. If I get relief he will petition my insurance to cover hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid) injections which have been very successful in managing arthritis. Long term I may need to have my knee cap resurfaced and alignment surgery. I am willing to take a wait and see approach as the surgical options mean a long recovery.

This morning I plan on studying. Later go for a ride. Tonight relax It is going to be so hard going back to work on Thursday. I like being off way too much lol.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:34 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

just lost a post. So a quick hello. Enjoy your gardening everyone. The weather is beautiful and I am enjoying my morning coffee on the deck. Still going thru dental stuff.
Have a nice weekend everyone
take care
sophie

Last edited by sophie; 05-31-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:40 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Good luck, Cyndi! And remember, self-control!
Too late I didn't do too badly. I needed two perennials to finish the butterfly/hummingbird bed and I picked up bell flowers, echinacea, and a globe thistle. I did get a few more irises and a purple lilac that were on my original wish list. The poppy was an extra and doesn't really go with my colors for that garden so it might need to go somewhere else and I just couldn't resist the purple rue, I got one at a plant sale a few years ago and just love it. Of course now they all need to be planted I am getting so close to everything being planted this year. I'm looking forward to just admiring the gardens, not spending all my time in them.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #11  

I hope you post some pictures so we can all enjoy the colors of your garden, Cyndi! It sounds lovely!

Jennifer, I'm so glad the party was a big success and that Joe enjoyed it. I sure wish I could have a piece of that cake, though!

Sophie, it's always nice to hear from you. I hope the dental work isn't causing you much discomfort and you are enjoying the nice weather.

Still no strawberries, but only because I got so frustrated looking for a shop that moved locations, and took longer than I anticipated. I may go out again after lunch, maybe.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:47 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Successful yard sale for Thera-Paws but I am really pooped! Jane's charmer of a Welsh husband did a BBQ for lunch which was most appreciated. We finished packing up the "remains" which go to another yard sale next weekend. I restrained myself but did buy a $3 electric wok - never used, still in the box! I plan to try it tonight since stir fry just does not work well on a flat topped stove. Straightened out a few things at The Mill, got some cheques co-signed and am now relaxing with wee Jazz and a G&T (in your glass, Linda). Sure hope sunset is early because it's been one heck of a long day.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #13  

Good morning! I see our thread title has been re-adjusted for this first day of June.

It's looking like a perfect day for lounging around the pool and having a BBQ. I'm going to try grilling a head of romaine from the garden since I've heard how good it is. I want to pick enough kale to do up a batch in the dehydrator today, too.

What are your plans for this first day of June?
Old 06-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hello June!!! One of my favorite months of the year. June always brings find memories of celebrating my grandpa's, now deceased, birthday, strawberry shortcake (his favorite), strawberry picking and the end of the school year. It is a beautiful morning and I don't plan on wasting it. After breakfast will go for a ride. Then another fun filled day of studying. I do need to restart the required reading material. The book should be titiled, The Cure for Insomnia. lol

Looks like everyone was buying woks yesterday. I used to have one, but over the years I guess I parted with it.

Well thanks to Tomx2, too much birthday cake and some stress eating. I am starting the month up almost 7 pounds yikes!!!! In the past I would have freaked out, but it is just a hiccup. I know and will be fine in a week or two as some is water weight. A trip to the grocery store is on the to do list. Thankfully my life is getting back to my normal routine. Now I can plan and cook for the week again. Looks like lots of salads this month.... oh and strawberries

Have some fun today
Old 06-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. Yes, I've been sort of whacko on thread titles lately - I guess it's creeping senility.

Gorgeous day today and I intend to be outside a lot. I've already tallied up the loot from yesterday's yard sale but won't do the bank run until I've got the Mill deposit ready. Tonight is our monthly Girls and Kids Dinner - this is the one for May - and we will be outside by the creek doing ribs and chicken on the barbie. Actually Karen's son will be doing the cooking.

Hope your first day of June is a stunning one!
Closed Thread