View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #218
Pinkhippie

S/C/G: 200/165/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynredd View Post
My weekend is progressing well. Yesterday was my mother-in-law's 89th birthday and we took her to IHOP to celebrate. In the past she's always enjoyed eating there but they have eliminated a lot of their dinner selections and she didn't seem overly pleased with her meal so I don't know what we'll do the next time we want to eat out with her. Lots of fast food places to eat in our town, but not too many sit-down restaurants.

Because I knew we would be having dinner out, and therefore would be eating a higher-calorie dinner, I wanted to "go light" for lunch so I fixed a colorful, cool salad for lunch. I started with a head of romaine lettuce and chopped it, then added a couple stalks of celery, then sliced a banana, half a pint of strawberries, and an apple into it. Added 4 oz. of artificial crab, a couple ounces deli sliced turkey breast, then added a dressing made of approx. 1/2 C. caramel sea salt yogurt (made by Greek Gods and oh my is it delish!) and enough orange juice to make it pourable, maybe 2 or 3 tbsp. Topped the whole thing with 6 or 8 chopped almonds. It made two generous servings and kept us going from lunch until dinner with no problem. I will definitely make it again!
Just popping in to say, Wow your salad sounds amazing and delicious! I love Greek Gods yogurt. I am going to have to try that salad combo soon.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote