Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #1  

Default why haven't I lost a pound since beginning of May?

Is 27 pounds all my almost 300 pound body can get off before it gives up that i am already hitting a stall..
I don't understand.
Since the beginning of May i havent lost 1 pound.
I used to go sometimes upto 3 drive thrus a day Plus if there was anything cooked at home.
I eat 3 meals now. mostly protein, rice, beans, fats, veggies,meats..hardly any wheat or bread. Havent binged or compulsively overeaten in weeks.
sometimes a snack of yogurt walnuts and blueberries. The calorie reduction is pretty big.
I have the odd item that is not ideal but not often enough that it should make a huge difference. I am not active, but that really shouldn't matter at my size, the weight should be coming off. I said this is another thread, but I eat a lot of hot sauce which has sodium...but when I use it, I do not add any additional salt to meals, could this be a factor? ...am I just being impatient maybe?
this is incredibly frustrating.
davina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/146/140

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like it's time to reevaluate your eating plan and also to reevaluate how many calories you are taking in vs. how many calories you need to put you in a deficit where you will see significant weight loss week by week.

Don't despair! These little ruts are a rite of passage for weight loss.

Rice, beans, nuts, and fats tend to be areas where some folks really underestimate how many calories there are. How much of these make up your daily menu and in what amounts? I am betting there is room to cut some calories from these. Keep in mind measurements. For example, what some folks go their whole life thinking is 2 tbsps of peanut butter is more like 1/3 of a cup. YIKES!

Don't worry about sodium or hot sauce. The calories in hot sauce are pretty negligible. Salt does not contribute to body fat AT ALL! As long as your kidneys are functioning well, have as much salt as you want. You'll pee out most of the retained water in the morning (Which BTW is the best time to get a consistent weight- after you pee, before you eat anything)

And yes, BE PATIENT It's not that huge an amount of time it just feels like it is.

Last edited by Earthling; 05-23-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #3  

thanks.

Im not really measuring and weighing but if i eat rice for example i measure 1/4 or 1/2 cup sometimes..beans is usually 3 tablespoons or so....eggs i will eat 2 for breakfast for example..

thank goodness i dont have to give up the hot sauce because I put it on everything..

Maybe i need patience because i had a big binge tonight for first time in few weeks so maybe i need to stay away from scale,,its just so hard.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:14 AM   #4  

As long as it doesn't cause a binge, you just have to seriously measure those calories. You don't have to do this forever, just watch everything to the very detail for a week. Measure/weigh if you can. That way you can develop a greater sense of how many true cals you are eating. I try to measure and weigh and even I get off by at least 100 cals.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

You really should be tracking your calories. And definately measuring your food, fats, etc. Purchase a food scale to track weighing your meats. I weigh and measure EVERYTHING.

You are either overeating in calories or undereating.

Lots of other factors play a role in weight loss. For instance:

1. How much WATER (not coffee, not any other beverages) are you drinking?
2. Are you getting any exercise? If so, how much? And what kind of exercise are you doing?
3. Are you watching your sodium intake?
4. Are you on any medications that can cause weight gain?
5. Are you around that time of month?
6. Are you changing life?

Good luck!

Last edited by JerseyPAGirl; 05-28-2014 at 04:48 PM.
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #6  
Finding my mind :)

S/C/G: HW:194 189.6/175.2/127

Height: 5'6"

Davina, sorry to hear about your struggle. It is tough but you can get through it. Calories in = calories out for most people (excluding those with certain medical conditions, but those are more rare than we think).

There's a positive! You haven't gained weight which is great. You must be eating pretty close to your maintenance level. So you need to deduct from there. For me strictly counting calories can trigger binging, so that doesn't work. If that is not the case, definitely do it so you can figure out your baseline and deduct from there. If counting calories is too problematic, then you could try pre-planning all your meals so that you know exactly the nutritional values but don't need to calculate and track all day (which is more or less what I do). Make sure to eat things you enjoy too so you will be more likely to stick with it. (I for one hate salads so any plan involving salad is automatically going to fail LOL) Good luck and hang in there! 27 pounds is a really good start.

Last edited by nostoneunturned; 05-28-2014 at 07:26 PM.
nostoneunturned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #7  

thanks for the input.
reducing calories is not an option as I am already fighting cravings pretty often.
I have not been drinking water, i will try that.
may start swimming soon, hopefully that will jumpstart something.
I can't weight and measure it feels too much like a diet.

Im gonna post an average day.
breakfast could be either:
2 eggs w/refried beans & green onions/hot sauce or salsa
or 2 scrambled eggs w/ 2 breakfast sausage links or a breakfast patty
or
brown rice cereal 1/2 cup with blueberries, walnuts & almond milk

lunch could be
tuna salad with onions/relish/mayo/mustard on mixed greens
or
cabbage rolls soup which has cabbage/ground turkey or meat,tomatoes 1/2 cup rice for the whole pot, which lasts a few times.

dinner could be
chicken burger or beef burger w/mixed salad
zucchini on side, sometimes rice.
or
-vegetable lasagna ive had twice over the last week.

i havent been snacking lately, but sometimes before bed yogurt w/blueberries,handful walnuts

if I eat rice, i try to have only one time during the day, occascionally twice.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #8  
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/150/130

Height: 5ft 6"

To be honest your menu looks fab. Keep doing what your doing, the scale will go down soon.
Lilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by davina View Post
thanks for the input.
reducing calories is not an option as I am already fighting cravings pretty often.
I have not been drinking water, i will try that.
may start swimming soon, hopefully that will jumpstart something.
I can't weight and measure it feels too much like a diet.
If you want to eat a good amount, but cut your calories, I suggest you take a look at our ideas in the volumetrics thread.

Some people find that the carbs that they eat make them crave more foods and they're unable to keep a low calorie count. Maybe you would want to try cutting down on the sugar/starches to see if it helps your appetite.

Quote:
2 eggs w/refried beans & green onions/hot sauce or salsa
or 2 scrambled eggs w/ 2 breakfast sausage links or a breakfast patty
or
brown rice cereal 1/2 cup with blueberries, walnuts & almond milk
How about adding chopped non-starchy veggies into your eggs, and maybe having one egg, one egg white?
If you're not into making your own lean breakfast sausage, how about switching to a turkey or vegetarian store bought version?

Quote:
tuna salad with onions/relish/mayo/mustard on mixed greens
or
cabbage rolls soup which has cabbage/ground turkey or meat,tomatoes 1/2 cup rice for the whole pot, which lasts a few times.
How about trying to use cauliflower rice in place of your rice, or making another broth or vegetable puree based soup? I know I make a lot that are between 50-150 calories per cup!

Quote:
chicken burger or beef burger w/mixed salad
zucchini on side, sometimes rice.
or
-vegetable lasagna ive had twice over the last week.
Chicken and beef burgers you can finely shred any vegetables into them and you get a same sized patty for fewer calories. A great way to cut your calories further is to use lettuce for your bun, but there are plenty of 100 calorie buns on the market.

Vegetable lasagna without noodles or lanother version is such a great way to get the same lasagna taste, cut the calories by a lot, and get all of your nutrients.

Just a couple of suggestions if it helps
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:07 PM   #10  

Your diet sounds great, but I've gained in a diet of healthy foods until I reduced portions - not that everyone needs to count calories, but more often than not, I find that most people need to at least for a temporary time watch it if they have become accustomed to certain amounts of food - it all adds up so quickly and I never felt like I was eating that many calories, until I really watched. If you can't reduce the amount of calories, maybe make your goal (for now) maintenance and feeling better overall/not binging.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #11  

thanks for the suggestions, i really appreciate it
when i have burgers, i dont have a bun, just the meat. I am not eating wheat as often as possible. lately though ive been having more than usual only because i have been dealing with a lot of anxiety and dry toast is all i could really stomach for a while.

for the eggs, yes I could try adding more veggies instead of second egg.

instead of pork breakfast sausages, i will try for turkey or chicken.

i really want to go swimming, i just need to find a supportive outfit for my massive chest

i did lost 2 more pounds, so the scale finally moved which is encouraging.
now I wont weigh myself again until at least the 10th of june or so.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #12  
Finding my mind :)

S/C/G: HW:194 189.6/175.2/127

Height: 5'6"

You eat super well, honestly. I do think you should focus on getting through a handful of healthy days (no binges, or too much processed stuff, etc for like...2-5 days) and then get on the scale. Otherwise don't, if it's triggering for you. Especially post-binge. You can do this- you already are!
nostoneunturned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #13  
Less of a Better Me

If you aren't losing over a substantial period of time then you likely don't have enough of a calorie deficit. Track what you eat and see how many calories you are eating. Also, you may not be burning as many calories as you think. When I started using my Fitbit I found that I was burning fewer calories than I thought I was burning.

Even eating healthy good foods you won't lose without a calorie deficit.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:23 PM   #14  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

I don't have any answers, just wanted to commiserate with you. I only lost 2 lbs in May. I stayed strong on my plan in April but got sloppy in May because of several celebrations throughout the month. I bounced around from 189-193 most of the month instead of actually losing. It happens and being cognizant of it helps us make adjustments and change up how we are doing things. Yay for a good June! :-)
And P.S. If you find a good swimsuit please let me know. I have that problem too!

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 05-31-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote