Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #1  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Default May Chat

Let's get back into chatting and supporting each other.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #2  
Fat to Fab and Fit

No one around?
Old 05-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #3  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Hellooo Sum!

Seems to be super quiet in the Featherweights thread. We need to get more people in here!!

How has your weight loss been going so far? I read that you're dealing with some bloating..same here, well it just started today since TOM will arrive in about 4-5 days. Let's hope for a big whooshhh!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #4  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I did awesome and then I failed a bit... I was down to 136 and this morning I was 142.8... I KNOW there is a lot of bloat, there is no way that I could have gained that much in 10 days.

My food choices have been poor; lots of sodium.

But I back at trying and eating better.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #5  
Breathing.

Oh heck no, there's no way you could've gained almost 7 lbs in 10 days! Drink, drink, drink lots of water! I know how discouraging it is when you step on the scale and it shows a higher number...especially when you managed to get to a new low in the first place. Have you been exercising more lately? Maybe that's also why you're retaining so much water.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #6  
Fat to Fab and Fit

The same. I am kind of a freak what comes to exercise I do min 1 h, some days 2 1/2 hours, but I have been doing that for a long time.

It is just my eating; having 3 hotdogs at 10 pm does not help

I have been trying to get better with my water intake. I just dislike it so much. This week I have been shooting for 80-100 oz (from 30 oz before). What is going in, ain't coming out I think my body is just getting used to the water and being wonky because of the sodium I have consumed lately.

I set a mini goal to be back below 140 by next Friday; clean eating and lots of water.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #7  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

The Feathers section has been quiet lately, we'll just have to keep things lively here.

Hoopty, fingers crossed you see a nice big whoosh after TOM.

Sum, keep on with the water consumption, it'll have to come out eventually.
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #8  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Yes, we need to stay active; we can't let the feathers community die!!

I had a pretty good day. Even though I went out with a gf and split an order of nachos, my scale inched down 0.4 pounds. I would call that success after a night out!

I walked my pup and it was pouring , I got soaked to the bone. But the walk was fantastic; I was with my DH and time together is always precious since he travels so much for work.

I am planning on hitting the gym later on tonight for some weights and swimming.

Water intake has been great for today; really working hard on getting all those oz's in.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #9  
Breathing.

Thanks LovesToTravel, like you said, it's gonna have to come out eventually. How have you been doing?

Sum38 - I, too, started to drink more than I usually do to counteract the bloating. And it's barely coming out. Today I had 3 liters of water/green tea/camomile tea when I usually have 2. Your gym has a pool? I WISH mine had one too. I don't really care to go swimming but boy does it burn calories!

Nothing new here, I've been enjoying new recipes and I'm super excited that I'm able to chew again. (I had my wisdom teeth taken out 10 days ago). Got my appointment on Monday to get the stitches taken out. I don't know if I should try to go to the gym tomorrow. I kinda wanna wait until Monday to see what the dentist says but I feel like I could do some cardio. I don't know, I'll see how I feel tomorrow.
Scale showed 143.2 lbs this morning.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #10  
Slow and Steady

Hoopty, how's your mouth feeling since the procedure? Did you have a lot of swelling? I had that done in my teens and mostly remember how swollen my cheeks got- I looked like a chipmunk!

Sum, glad to hear you squeezed in a productive walk and had a drop on the scale!

I'm doing OK here. The relative with cancer I mentioned in another thread passed away this morning so my husband and I spent most of our evening with family. I ate more than I should have and I'm exhausted right now, fighting the urge to skip my workout and go to bed. I should jog, I know it'll make me feel better.

Last edited by LovesToTravel; 05-03-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:10 AM   #11  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Hoopty Ouch! I hope your mouth heals quickly. A good idea is to wait what the doctor says about workout.

LovesToTravel I am so sorry about your relative! No more pain.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #12  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I managed another OP day I am hoping that I can string many of them together and my scale will start showing me some love. I stayed the same as yesterday, though.

I really would like to see 139.x on Friday.

I slept in late, and missed my aerobics class. Bummer. I will make up for it by walking 2 x today; First I will do my casual puppy walk and then my intense treadmill walk. I may throw in a swim time also.

Hope everyone will have a nice and productive day!
Old 05-04-2014, 11:59 PM   #13  
Slow and Steady

Thanks, Sum. Fingers crossed for 139!

Well, the good news is that I did my workout last night so yay for that. Food-wise though, today was a rough day. We had a lot of preparations to make and a lot of family to see so there was a big breakfast, then Subway for lunch, then dinner with family and CAKE. And way too much soda, ugh. I was happy to nurse a cup of tea by the end of the night. I should have brought my water bottle with me.

Not beating myself up over it, I'm just ready to get back to my usual food routine tomorrow. I've got some wicked heartburn at the moment and I'm praying my food choices aren't going to give me a digestive flare up come morning.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:47 AM   #14  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I ate quite late last night and salty stuff. Scale jumped again Plus TOM should get here by tomorrow.

I walked my doggie twice yesterday; did not make it to the gym; I was going to use the treadmill there anyways, so my 8.2 miles outdoors was a better choice. Plus I got to spend some time with my hubby, he went along to one of my walks

Today I am volunteering all day. Which means a fast day. I usually fast every Monday till dinner. -- I will try to remember to bring a big bottle of water with me; many times I forget and I am totally dehydrated after my volunteer day. I have been really good with my water intake for many days now; proud of myself ..lol -- But I still feel bloated...could be the salty jambalaya I had for dinner. Eventually my water levels will balance out, right?

So where are all the Feathers? Wish we could get this community robust and vibrant.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:09 PM   #15  
Breathing.

Hello girls!

LovesToTravel - I am so, so sorry about your loss I hope you find the strength to get back on track very soon! How is your stomach? Are you feeling better? I hope today was a good day for you food-wise!
The wisdom teeth removal went very well actually. I got 3 taken out, one of them had already broken through so they literally only had to pull it out. The other 2 were still in my jaw and they had to remove parts of the bone in order to get them out. My face was crazy swollen Especially the left side! I had to eat baby food for a few days, then made my own mashed food (mostly potatoes, broccoli, avocados, bananas). The pain went away after about a week. It's been 12 days and the swelling is completely gone. It wasn't as bad as everybody said it would be but I am relieved that it's done and over with!

Sum38 - How do you feel during fast time and how does it make you feel afterwards? Do you feel like it helps you stay on track and/or lose weight? I have tried fasting for a day and felt horrible! I told myself to never do that again

--

I had my appointment this morning and he said I could definitely go back to the gym, yaaay It's so funny, when I got out of my car to walk over to the dentist's office I saw my brother come around the corner on his bike. We were both like "What are you doing here?!" and we found out we both had our appointment at the exact same time I don't see him that often, maybe once every two weeks, so it was super funny and of course, always nice to be with him, even if it was just for a little while
I weighed-in at 141.8 lbs this morning. I drank sooo much water these past 3 days and it all finally came out yesterday. Today is another bloat-day though, and TOM should be here within the next 2 days. I'm expecting to see a gain tomorrow but I will try to drink as much water as I can.
Tomorrow, DH and I will finally go back to the gym. I am super excited!! I haven't worked out in 13 days and I am just so ready!! Also, I got myself a new red Nike gym bag that I am excited to use. I'm just overall excited I think I'll run (I run every time we go to the gym unless I am tired or in pain) and do my legs. Can't wait!