View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 10:44 AM   #260
CrazyCatWoman

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

I hope you don't mind me muscling in here..... I started C25K last, erm, September I think and because of ice and snow here (not to mention too much weight) did most of it on the treadmill. I got totally bored with it after I could run 30mins so did some interval stuff until I started running outside and have just run my first 10km race.

I usually run with music, and have old albums from the eighties which I used to listen to a lot on my phone on Spotify. I used the interval podcasts (DJ runner I think) for the C25K at the gym but found the longer pieces too dull for me. But there is an app for android, called record beater where you can download music lists that are matched to your own cadence or rhythm.

So from zero running capacity to 10km races in about 8 months - IT CAN BE DONE! And now I just love it, I love running outside and hitting that zone. I'm not at all fast and time doesn't matter, I just love the rhythm and fat I can do it.

If there is a 'graduates' group, I'd love to join. This running stuff is fantastic. I never in a million years would have thought of me enjoying it, but it is so motivating. And the feeling of acheivement crossing that finishing line.....wow.

Go for it people

'Nothing ever tastes as good as being thin feels'

Maintenance started 31-03-2014

------------------------------------------------------
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote