General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-22-2014, 10:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

Default Is there anything you won't do to your body?

A survey type post. Is there anything you won't do that you maybe did before?

Me? I would never eat or drink anything from a fast food place. (like McDonalds)
The only one I do eat is Subway, and it's not often. You?

Last edited by df180; 05-22-2014 at 10:18 AM.
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #2  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I don't eat fast food anymore. I gave it up seven years ago when I started my weight loss. I think most people are able to incorporate it pretty well into their diets or maintenance but I'm like an addict with the stuff!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

it's impossible for me now not to be aware of what i'm eating....even if i'm overeating or diving headfirst into something unhealthy, there's always an awareness of how much/how many calories i'm taking in

on the subject of fast food, i don't really like mcdonalds and so i don't go there often...i do like their ice cream and salads though...subway is here also but i don't go there, too expensive really....i've never been to other fast food places in years upon years....i used to like taco bell and arbys...

while i know all those places aren't healthy, i actually DO LIKE the food and always will....
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #4  
Warrior Princess

Fettuccine Alfredo. Nope.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #5  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I used to be a Starburst/Skittles/jelly bean/gummy bear junkie. Once I figured out that the fake colors were triggering big inflammation, I quit them cold turkey. Just not goin' there - it's too hard to lose those 4lbs of water gained in a matter of hours, and I can only imagine the stress that has to be putting on my systems.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #6  

I...can't name any! I'll still eat it all! lol and try out different "crap" foods too.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:04 PM   #7  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
I...can't name any! I'll still eat it all! lol and try out different "crap" foods too.
Same here. I've been pondering this question today and can't come up with anything that is an absolute "never again" food. There are things I rarely eat anymore for various reasons, but...I guess I'm a "never say never" sort of gal.
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:34 PM   #8  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I had to give up Nutella.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I will never put my body on a diet, ever again.

I will never call myself fat or a failure again.

I will never subject my myself to tests of willpower.

I will never listen to anyone who tries to tell me what to eat, how much to eat, and when to eat it, or listen to anyone who tells me what not to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookpik View Post
LOL what are the chances - I had to laugh because I am right now eating an english muffin with nutella on it

Last edited by Palestrina; 05-24-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookpik View Post
You know, I've never had nutella. I hear its really frickin good, but its really unhealthy, or so I've heard, apparently loaded with sugar, (I've never actually looked at the label) so I figured I have enough of those foods I enjoy, no point in adding another one to the list! lol

Its hard to say what I will never do again, because while I eat clean 80-90% of the time, there might be a time I will eat fast food again, or drink soda...but if I do that once a year, that's a lot. I also stay away from artificial sweeteners, added sugar and processed foods. But will I have a piece of cake at a birthday party? occasionally, yes.

But I can say I will never treat my body like a garbage pile again. I used to eat whatever was there, will little concern for nutritional value. I also will never punish myself for overeating by starving myself for days following. I now look at food as fuel for my body, and if I want to run farther and faster I need to eat, and eat well. The better I feed it the better it performs. I'll never be someone that eats processed food daily anymore. Actually I consume no processed food at home. I just feel so much better working out hard through running and weight lifting, and eating clean. I never want to go back to the sluggish feeling that comes with being overweight, not having any vigorous exercise, and poor nutrition. I look forward to losing another 20-30 pounds and feeling even better.

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 05-23-2014 at 09:42 AM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #11  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I won't eat cheap processed garbage. It's not even a temptation. You could lock me in a room with nothing but boxes of Twinkies and whatnot and I'd probably starve first. 95% of fast food also falls in this category.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:48 AM   #12  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

I used to do this weird thing where I was not physically aware of myself at all - not fat, not skinny, not ugly, not pretty. There was just this bizarre disconnect. Seeing myself in a photograph or a mirror was like looking at a stranger. I don't ever want to go back to that. I want to know and love my body, imperfect though it may be.

The one food I have totally had to give up is wheat. I just cannot eat it, not even a teensy bit every once in awhile. It does horrible things to my body.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #13  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I will never allow myself to spend weeks upon weeks sitting on the sofa after work instead of being active. Yes, a week here and there, but I not only allowed myself to get into poor physical healthy but also poor mental health because of my inactivity and eating, especially in the winter.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #14  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

When I read the title of this thread I thought it was referencing things like - cosmetic surgery. And I thought, "I could never go under the knife for vanity." (Some things aren't vanity - like if I had a huge weight loss and had folds of hanging skin, to me that is a medical necessity).

But then I thought about it and thought about what I have done to it - I have stretched it out to HUGE proportions. I have neglected my blood pressure and thyroid when I was depressed. I have eaten so much processed food. I have fried in the sun summer after summer until my 20s (when we really didn't know better), etc. I have done SO MANY BAD THINGS to this body! So, why wouldn't I go under the knife? Though.... I hate needles and pain, so I probably wouldn't, but my perspective is off.

Things I will never do again? I will not allow myself to slip into depression without sounding an "I'm faltering" alarm. When I get depressed, bad things happen to my body as I stop caring. That's the biggee for me. If I keep that in check, the rest should be OK.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #15  

I used to eat a 750 gram jar of Nutella along with a 1.5 loaves of bread = 6K calories a day on top of some other things. Evenings were filled with no sleep, but a whole lot of fun.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote