Old 05-23-2014, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167

Height: 156cm

Default Help!

Hi Everyone,

I have the same story as the most of you probably.
I also started with alot of diets, never worked
Then i made up my mind a couple weeks back and started eating low carb/no sugar. And joining the Gym atleast 4 times a week.
I lost a nice 6 pounds. Everyone at work has noticed this. Its all good. Never felt better. But i have been cheating some days now. And cant seem to take back control of the situation. It makes me so sad, knowing that i can still go on doing better and losing the weight and also knowing that this is the only way i can lose it by excersizing and eating low carb, but just dont know how to get back on the wagon.

Any advise please. I dont want to destroy the 6 lbs i lost and i want to keep the great feeling.
Angelique32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique32 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have the same story as the most of you probably.
I also started with alot of diets, never worked
Then i made up my mind a couple weeks back and started eating low carb/no sugar. And joining the Gym atleast 4 times a week.
I lost a nice 6 pounds. Everyone at work has noticed this. Its all good. Never felt better. But i have been cheating some days now. And cant seem to take back control of the situation. It makes me so sad, knowing that i can still go on doing better and losing the weight and also knowing that this is the only way i can lose it by excersizing and eating low carb, but just dont know how to get back on the wagon.

Any advise please. I dont want to destroy the 6 lbs i lost and i want to keep the great feeling.
There is a saying..."Failing to plan, is planning to fail"....its true. Its so easy to say to yourself "oh I'll just have this just this once and I'll get right back on plan tomorrow". Sadly, tomorrow becomes tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. You know what you need to do but, you just can't seem to make yourself do it because its easier to grab something quick than it is to actually prepare something on plan.

It all starts at the grocery store! Buy only on plan items. Don't have no-no items in your home. If it isn't there, you can't eat it!! Always keep legal snacks in your fridge. This can be as simple as string cheese, hard boiled eggs, cut up veggies, deviled eggs etc. Keep a bowl of tuna or egg salad, cut up chicken, salad greens. When you are prepared, it makes it so much easier to stick to this!

Check out this recipe site. It will give you lots of good ideas and there are even low carb desserts!
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

You CAN do this!

All the best to you!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 05-23-2014 at 11:33 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 167

Height: 156cm

Hi Jerseygirl,

Yes indeed, it is easy to just grab a bite of this and that.
And i do promise myself to do better the next day, that sucks.
It creeps up like that and before i know it, i gained it again.

I really thought i made up mind this time to stick to it. You know the moment when people usually feel the mind switch. I thought it was my switch to never go back. Guess im not strong enough yet. Just sick and tired of not being determined about it, even when i see some result.

I will do better tomorrow. Thank you for youre recipe link.
Angelique32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #4  
diamondgeog

For a lot of people it is a 2 to 3 month detox from carbs including all grains. It isn't just sugar. Whole grains, refined grains, your body barely cares. They hit the bloodstream, turn to glucose, insulin spikes you store fat, slow metabolism, and get hungry.

Gym is awesome. But if you are eating high fat low carb not much is necessary. 2 or 3 15 minute intense strength at home or gym is enough for most.

I suggest people do a 100 day detox and cut out all grains at that time. I think grains keep people addicted to sugar and carbs even if they are going clean otherwise. Use that 100 days to experiment baking with different flours and getting a nice pantry of veggies, cheeses, full fat dairy, raw nuts.

Lots of people get headaches, disrupted sleep for two or three weeks. This is normal. I am finding it effortless to remain on high fat low carb. I think because I have given up grains I don't have many if any insulin spikes during the day. I also have plenty of fat. And not just from cooking and meat. From cheese, nuts, avocados, eggs fish, etc.

After 2 or 3 months for many low carb high fat becomes effortless. You never calorie count, always eat as much as you want, but hunger is so low weight just keeps coming off.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 05-24-2014 at 08:46 AM.