PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #1  

Default Cycles regulating as losing weight

Hi! I'm looking for a support system while losing weight and ttc with this stupid pcos. I've lost 11 pounds so far (and oh so many more to go) eating low carb.
My cycles are currently 90 days, but last one was 60 so I'm hoping it will continue to regulate. It was regular about 60 pounds ago when I got pregnant with my 4 year old son, but I was on the pill for three years. I've been off the pill for almost a year now, I'd love to get my bfp any day now . I'm currently on metformin bc of the pcos.

Can anyone share their experience with their cycles returning, how long it took for you, etc.
Keme19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #2  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi! I've been diagnosed PCOS since I was a teen, but didn't really have any of the typical symptoms besides annovulation. I'd get my period once or twice a year, this was both skinny and heavy.

However, after I lost the weight and returned to my usual size, my cycles have been regulating for the last year or so. I now get them every 32-34 days, with one cycle skipped altogether every six months.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/238/135

Height: 5'6"

hi, new here.

I'm 42. Weirdly, my cycle was more irregular when I was younger and lighter. When I was at my heaviest, though, it stopped entirely for a year and a half. After I began the biggest early part of my weight loss, it came back. Now it is almost completely regular like a normal persons, even though I'm still 80 pounds over a normal BMI. So I guess it varies.

I also eat a lot less sugar than when I was young. Although I'm not dxed with sugar/insulin issues (yet), I have found that sugar seems to adversely affect my condition - pain, migraines, and other problems.
ladybabalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:59 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

When I was TTC, Metformin and some weight loss helped me get it to 60ish days apart over a year.

I am not TTC, but on thyroid and Metformin. Not much happening.

Correcting my Vitamin D and Vitamin b12 deficiencies, and adding d-chiro inositol over the spring (those are the only changes so far) have got me to 2 cycles about 50ish days apart in the last 3 mos.

I think it will be different for everyone, but I also think getting to some of the root of some of my nutrition problems could have helped with metabolism/hormone process, etc.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 05-24-2014 at 12:01 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote