Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-21-2014, 01:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Default Best app or website for tracking in maintenance ?

Hello all

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a website for calorie and exercise tracking. I have been using MyNetDiary while losing, and found this excellent, and it linked with my fitbit. I am no longer using the fitbit as I have replaced it with a Polar Loop, and then use my phone with Runkeeper for exercise. I'd like a site that links with them or at least with Runkeeper. If it could cope with European recipes/food - even better. So if anyone has opinions - likes/dislikes, please share

I am finding the balance between what I eat and the exercise a very 'fine line', but am enjoying the challenge! I run my first 10km race on Saturday - it won't be fast but I will try my best to run it all.

Many thanks in advance.
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:12 AM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I haven't been tracking for a while, but when I was I used caloriecount for food and mapmyrun for fitness. Caloriecount is pretty good about managing your custom recipes and lets you enter in custom foods. Good luck on your 10k!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I started using Loseit in January and I love it but I don't know how it compares to the others. I do know that if you upgrade to premium you can connect your apps/devices, etc. I got a Jawbone UP band and it communicates with the app.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #4  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

I use MyFitnessPal and really like it. It links to Runkeeper and many other apps. It also takes recipes in metric units, if that's what you mean by "European recipes."
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Why not keep with mynetdiary? It's what I use. I just put in my exercise and don't worry about linking it to anything. Well, it is linked to my withings scale, but that's it.

Oh, and my net diary has an app mynetdiary running that you can link to it that will record any walk or run as long as you have the phone with you and app running.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Thank you all - I'll start searching around tonight
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:32 AM   #7  

Any of you know of an app to track your weight (not calories) and set a maintenance range. Maybe with a nice chart that shows how close you are to the maintenance range???
Xena31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Xina, try the Libra app. It tracks weight trends.

I use the loose it app in maintenance to track weight, food and activities. It helped me lose over 90 pounds. I've used it in maintenance for over a year now.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote