Thread: May 2014
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #56
GinaXOXO

Hi everyone. I have read the months posts and I am so impressed that you can stick with this diet the way you do. I have seen a few of you have slips and get right back on track. That is the most important part.

I fell off the wagon after I got the 11 days. I think I was so discouraged that I could not have fruit/starch at the same meal. I was under the impression that the diet would get easier after 11 days--not harder (for me). I was having a slice of 40 calorie toast and 1/2 orange at breakfast and bread with dinner. So, that became my cheat after 11 days . . . then extra melba in the evening became another cheat. I wasn't in ketosis anymore so a couple of nights I had what the family was having. Evenings are always the hardest. So, when I came home hungry, discouraged, and tired I couldn't get myself to make the right choice.

I almost didn't want to go back to the clinic. I knew I had gained weight. I was embarrassed to fall of the wagon. But, I am glad I went. They got me refocused and put me on another program. It is more flexible. Apparently, it is the diet they give people with medical issues. When I was looking at it I thought it was a lot like the pre-conditioning available foods. I like that a lot better. I also like that I will have a HNS and snack before dinner so that when I come home I hopefully will have more control and energy.

I have been exercising. I haven't thrown in the towel. But, this diet is HARD. I am kinda glad to be off the meta slim diet because it really played into my perfectionism or bust issues. I was so concerned about the "chemical" aspect of meta slim that I would let myself be concerned with such small things throwing it off. Also, it is summer and life is coming at me with "things". I went golfing with girlfriends and I refused to not have one drink with them. I think now that I have more flexibility without the chemically driven diet I will not feel so much pressure.

By the way, what I mean by chemical is that the foods are very well thought out (protein--fat--carbs) to produce a reaction in our bodies. This is a very good thing and the reason you lose weight so quickly without feeling like you are starving. But, I am not able to do that right now so I am on the slow boat and pretty content with it. I may switch back eventually. I was really looking forward to losing weight quickly. But, in reality it wasn't the right plan for me.

What are your thoughts?? How do you stay on the wagon??

Last edited by GinaXOXO : 05-21-2014 at 12:16 PM. Reason: typos
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote