Old 05-19-2014, 07:55 PM   #1  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Height: 5'6"

Default What Do You Drink?

besides water that is. What's allowed: coffee? teas? broths? I love these all and will be finding it hard to give up my half and half in coffee, but am determined to do this right. Today I had some veggie broth, yummy. I like herbal teas but don't put anything in them, is that OK.

So tell me what you drink to make drinking SO much water more interesting?

GR-8
~journey on~
Gr8by48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #2  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Hmm... I drink water. Also water, and more water after that!

Kidding aside, I like herbal tea (hot or iced) with a few drops of stevia (sweetener packets have carbs!) I drink a cup of British blend tea in the morning with my 1 oz of skim milk. Once in a while I add some Mio or Crystal Light w/Splenda drops to my water, and a few times per week I will have flavored unsweetened seltzer. All of these are okayed by my coach.

As for my water, I just try to schedule it. Drink a glass in the morning, drink so many ounces between breakfast and lunch, drink another so many ounces between lunch and dinner. Gets it done!
mainemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

I do ALOT of green tea... It helps me from getting to hungry. I also make this drink from Bragg's apple cider vinegar, ginger, stevia and water that's pretty yummy (don't let the vinegar scare you off). Fermented apple cider vinegar is supposed to have quite a few health benefits and I have noticed, anecdotaly, that the weeks I drink it everyday, my weight loss is a little more....
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I have gotten away from ACV since I've been in maintenance, may have to put it back in my water bottle for a change from lime or lemon juice in my water...
I used to drink "Better Than Bullion" broth when I felt I needed food and it wasn't time yet, or when I wanted a "larger" meal I had a cup of broth first then ate my meal. The veggie one and the beef one are lowest - 10 cal/0g fat/1g carb per cup. The chicken one is 15 cal/.5g fat/2g carb. Just FYI - not much in the way of protein 1g each

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-20-2014 at 12:26 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote