Old 05-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #1  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Default May WW Chat

Hello everyone... Hope May is treating you well!
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #2  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

I was planning on logging today's weight, because I've been so careful and was planning on enjoying bagels with my students on their last day of class. So, I weight myself and - holy moly - my weight jumped up 2 lbs! Ugh. > I know they're not real, my ring was tight so it's water weight and constipation, but come on!

I did enjoy 2 bagels with my students today, so I will dip into my WP. I'm planning on hitting the gym, but I am also helping a fellow instructor catch up on grading this afternoon and I'm not sure how long it will take.

How is everyone else?
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #3  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Thanks DBA for starting the new thread! Hope everything is going well by you.

Pupmom, I hate when that happens. Did you eat something salty or high carb the night before? It has taken me two weeks to get rid of the carbs of Easter weekend.

Tomorrow I have another Communion Party, but this time it is in their backyard. Much easier for me. I'm just going to eat before I go and not eat anything there. Nobody will even notice.

So today is Friday, you know what that means for me. My once a week cocktail. I'm going throw some frozen mangoes in the vita mixer with some almond milk and some ice. It's going to hopefully taste like a frozen cocktail that you get on cruises (i Hope lol) It will have my 1 3/4 oz vodka in it so whatever I won't care.

TGIF Enjoy!
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

Well, I was super annoyed at my weigh in today. I had a very good WW week. Friday a week ago was my birthday and was a higher point day. But, I finished the week with 17 Weekly Points left over and 15 Activity Points. According to Fitbit, I had a calorie deficit of about 4000 calories (I also record calories on MFP). Yesterday was not a high sodium day and nothing to really cause me to retain water. I even ate asparagus which my leader says helps you not to retain water.

Despite all of this I was up .2 pounds at my weigh in. I know it isn't "real" gain, but it annoyed me a lot. In October I went back to WW after about 6 weeks off. I was up then about a pound. Since then, I've lost at every weigh in until today. I missed a few weigh ins during that time but only a few. So, I was not happy at all about the gain. Sigh.

Saturday is my son's birthday so will be a higher point day but that should be the only one this week.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #5  
Never Giving Up

I also notice that my body likes to play mind games with me. Example, I'll go out to dinner, and will have no weight gain the day after. I will then go back 100% op, the weight gain that I might have expected with the dinner shows up four days later.

I am determined to get a good weight loss number on my next WI and I know what I need to do to get it. Everyone's body reacts differently to different things. I peeked at the scale, and it looks good. I want to keep that number or lower by Wed. I'm not sabotaging myself one bit this week. You heard it here first. LOL

Thanks for the support all, it is very helpful!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #6  
Level 5 Vegan

Sounds like lots of frustrating weigh ins all around, but we all get to move on to a new week!

The weather is supposed to be gorgeous in the StL this weekend. I've volunteered to help a friend (another English instructor) catch up on grading. I actually spent something like 7 hours helping last night, and am back at it at 10, but hoping I might get to spend the late afternoon working in the yard.

Any fun weekend plans out there?
Old 05-04-2014, 12:30 PM   #7  
Never Giving Up

Happy Sunday.
Pupmom, yesterday the Communion/Kentucky Derby party was fun. It was fun watching all the little ones in the bouncy house, it was fun visiting with far away relatives, it was fun taking a walk on the nearby boardwalk. It would have been more fun drinking all of the Mint Juleps other were having but I stuck to my guns! My nephew was a professional bartender so he knows how to make them real good. I asked for a teeny taste, so he poured it into a cordial glass for me with ice, and lots of mint. I counted it as 1/2 of one. 5 points and it was worth it. It was a once a year event, and we were all getting into the fun of it with betting, etc. The food was from a famous BBQ restaurant in his town, the only thing I ate was one chicken drumstick with no skin. Mind you there were ribs and shredded pork sliders too. Instead of even one bite of cake I had some fruit.

I am so happy I made a plan to stay 100% on daily points, and stuck to it! There will be other parties, but I proved to myself I could enjoy the celebrations even though I didn't indulge in the special foods.

Today is another great day. Daughter is visiting and we are having a BBQ, all points recorded, including corn on the cob, yummy, and 2 point hamburger buns. I hate eating a burger without a bun; don't you?

Enjoy your day!

Last edited by Serenity100; 05-04-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #8  
Level 5 Vegan

Serenity, sounds like a real blast! It makes me want to go to a big family bbq! I went to work out with friends, lunch, and then tons of yard work. More to come tomorrow, but I'm pretty happy doing it and being outside!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:59 AM   #9  
Less of a Better Me

Went out Saturday for my son's birthday. Went to Chili's for lunch and had chicken and shrimp fajitas. I was surprised to see that the big calorie part of that was the fajita base of veggies and oil (due to the oil of course) so I ate only part of that. Also, he wanted a cookie cake instead of a regular cake. I was shocked to see that a regular piece was 645 calories! So, I had a half size piece. Was glad that I didn't blow it.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #10  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
Went out Saturday for my son's birthday. Went to Chili's for lunch and had chicken and shrimp fajitas. I was surprised to see that the big calorie part of that was the fajita base of veggies and oil (due to the oil of course) so I ate only part of that. Also, he wanted a cookie cake instead of a regular cake. I was shocked to see that a regular piece was 645 calories! So, I had a half size piece. Was glad that I didn't blow it.
Isn't it amazing how many calories are in restaurant portions? Yikes. Koshka you did well. Having the calories in front of your definitely helped you make wise choices.

Next hurdle, Mother's Day! My sister decided to have a BBQ instead of having takeout brought in. Im so glad. Much easier to control what I'm eating. I can make some WW's appetizers and desserts to bring along too.

I forgot to tell you guys that I hadn't seen some relatives since November and they really noticed that I lost "a lot of weight". Yay

Pupmom, your family is going to be blown away, over the moon when they see you. I'm not exactly sure what a "float vacation" entails but it seems like fun.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #11  
Never Giving Up

Hi,
I decided that I can't have any "fake" cookies, ice-cream, etc. because they cause me to crave sugar. I came home from work and decided to have a little snack. Tried these Kellogs Special K Pastry Crisps. They are supposed to taste like oreo cookies, haha, not really. The good news is that you get to eat 2 fairly large "cookies" for only 3 points. But, as soon as I ate them, instead of feeling satisfied, I'm feeling starving. So that's it for those things. . .I'll tell my hubby to eat them. . .he'll eat anything. lol

Tomorrows my WI, fingers crossed. Oh and btw, my Dr.'s scale was actually lower than my home scale.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #12  
Level 5 Vegan

Serenity, thanks, I hope so! Float trips involve a river and a group of people either in canoes (which is super active,) rafts (which involve some paddling/guiding and what we'll be on) and/or intertubes (just floatin' along) so I'll be in a bathing suit and shorts. I'm pretty excited!

I bought a pineapple today and carved it up myself - I'd never done it before because I thought it would be hard (it was super easy!) and gorged myself on yummy fresh pineapple. Mmm. I think I'll have to get another!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #13  
Never Giving Up

Pupmom, yum pineapple!

Lost 1.5 lbs this week. Yay. Now I'm back to what I was before Easter. Keeping hard core from now till 4th of July. I don't want to see any more setbacks that I cause to myself. lol

Happy Hump Day!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #14  
Never Giving Up

From Beck Diet solution: Think Thin Thursday Tip: All-or-nothing simply doesn’t work. When dieters are all-or-nothing about being on a diet, believing they are either totally perfect on their diet, or totally off of it, it makes it much more likely that one mistake will spiral into more. When dieters are all-or-nothing about food, believing that there are some foods they should cut out entirely when they’re dieting, it makes it much more likely that once they start eating a “bad” food, they won’t be able to stop, because they’ll have the thought, “I don’t know when I’ll allow myself to eat this food again, so I better eat as much of it as I can right now.”

I really am not thinking all or nothing because I consider this a lifestyle change, not a diet. We just eat the foods we enjoy but cook them in a more healthy fashion, and I keep an eye on portion control.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:07 AM   #15  
Less of a Better Me

Good loss Serenity. I like the Beck Diet solution also. Lots of good thoughts in it.

Well -- Thursday didn't make me happy. I got the results of my knee MRI (long story behind it). The main things from the orthopedic surgeon were:

1. What I thought might be a hamstring strain is actually a microfracture (a trabecular bone injury). The part that is no fun is that I've been told to use crutches or a walker for 4 week, non weight bearing except for balance. I had a walker already from when I broke my ankle several years ago. I hate, hate, hate using a walker. You basically have to hop and it is very stressful. My hands are already sore where I grip the walker and the leg that I am hopping on is under a lot of stress also. So this next 4 weeks will be totally unfun. I basically won't be going anywhere except when I have to (I do plan to go to WW Friday). And, this will lower my calorie burn since I can't do my normal exercise and I won't even be getting normal steps since I'll be avoiding doing much walking. I have been told that I can use my Rowing machine so long as the knee doesn't hurt so I'll get some calories from that.

2. I had major knee surgery (tibial transfer) about 17 years ago. I knew then I didn't have much cartilage. Well, basically I am now bone on bone with arthritis in that knee. Even worse, I've been told that even walking isn't an ideal exercise for me (I've been using the treadmill a lot and love walking). He suggested swimming (which I don't really want to do), cycling (my seat gets sore and I find it boring) or elliptical. I'm probably leaning to doing the elliptical but I am just really unhappy about having to give up walking.