Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Red face I need to have ortho surgery again, aftercare is making me anxious

Hi,

I have to get orthopaedic surgery this August for an ankle issue similar to what was wrong in my right ankle, which is now healed. I think my surgeon and his group are great but what worries me is the aftercare, where I will need helpers/aides at home for a few months. I've had a great experience with the aide, P who is very kind and we have become close friends but she is very busy with work and may have a limited schedule. M is a lady who I hired before my surgery for errands, etc since I don't drive but I'm moving and she may be free. I don't feel as comfortable with M since she has an air about her, a bit attitudey and snobbish. It was quite awkward that after my first ortho surgery, M would come to help me and she would burst out giggling when she got my knee scooter out of the car. It caused me to feel embarrassed about being disabled, and she would make odd comments on the scooter, I felt very taken aback and it happened quite a few times.

So, while it's cheaper to pay either P or M, they are busy and here is my anxiety about having unknown aides in my home. The day I came home from surgery, an agency aide, T picked me up and was quite nasty and abrupt. She left me by myself in a Target store to shop when I was disabled, not able to walk, I had just been under general anesthesia. We get to my place and I felt very uncomfortable, she was very off putting and I didn't like her, so I called her agency from a phone I brought to my bathroom about her leaving me alone in the Target for close to a half hour while she got a beverage. They tried to resurrect things with me, then they told her to stay while she was infuriated and threatening me. I told them to have her leave or I would call the cops. She made faces at me, pushed me numerous times while I was on my scooter and she refused to leave. Her being almost twice my size, I am glad she finally left, but that was abuse and I'm considering reporting it.

Does anyone have any experience finding home health agencies who are reputable? I'm going to ask my area dept on aging but I am quite nervous after these crazy incidents... Ugh, thanks.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Amy that woman was horrible!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #3  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

That is just horrible! I did home health briefly many eons ago and cannot imagine treating anyone like that.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:23 PM   #4  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Holly and Shannon,

Thank you for your support! I felt like I was a prisoner in my own home, it was quite frightening.

Take care.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote