Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #61  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Day 3 and I'm not feeling so good. :-( I've had a headache since yesterday morning, and now I'm feeling nauseous. I've had several glasses of water with ip salt, doesn't seem to help. I've been reading y'all's posts non stop, they give me strength. I'm pretty much on my own in this journey. My daughter is my cheerleader, but she's in Grad school in Alabama. Please tell me this will pass. Also, I'm not sure where to post at....did I post this in the proper thread?
It will pass!!! Keep on trucking! The first week is by far the worst. I'm far from an expert but I've had great success the last 3 months and that first week, especially day 3 and 4 for me were terrible.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #62  

Height: 5'3"

I've been stalking old threads about onions on IP. Onions are probably my favorite vegetable, but I'm hesitant to even try them not caramelized. So, I saw mentioned in many threads shallots are a good substitute. Can I saute those up? Help.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the replies!!! We had the kids over for an early dinner today...late lunch...today so at 2:00 I still hadn't eaten, I think that was part of the problem. The nausea went away when I ate my roasted veggies and flank steak. I switched it up and am eating my ip packet for dinner. Before stating ip my eating habits were all screwed up, I could go all day without eating and then gorge at night (not good!!) but I'm finding that I already need to eat something every 4 hours. It's a learning process. But I guess I'm doing good if I don't feel good?! Lol
Old 05-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #64  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I've been stalking old threads about onions on IP. Onions are probably my favorite vegetable, but I'm hesitant to even try them not caramelized. So, I saw mentioned in many threads shallots are a good substitute. Can I saute those up? Help.
I don't think shallots are on the list. Green onion is ok. Leeks are ok. Raw onion is fine. Some say as long as the onion doesn't Caramelize but that is the only way I like them so I don't cook with them
Old 05-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

I think shallots are allowed, but are not supposed to be caramelized. The cooking turns the onion family into sugar.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie739 View Post
I just have to have a little mini celebration here; After 4.5 months and 60 pounds, today I woke up to...... ONDERLAND!!!

I am so ecstatic. I almost cried. I still might. I have 4 kids and have not been below 200 for at least 15 years, if not more. I went out to Girls Night last night and resisted ALL temptation and this was my reward this morning. I feel amazing, and I just had to share!!
blondie739 - congratulations! I know how great that feeling is - do NOT lose sight of it because challenges will still come...sometimes that Onederland can waver up and down around 200, so just relax but stay 100% OP.

Like you, I hit Onederland a while back and I had not been below 200 since I married 25 years ago. I feel like a different person and my life is unbelievably different.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Well even with everything going on I submitted my last paper for my Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education and it passed. I officially have no more homework. I student teach in the fall, but I am doing it where I work so it won't be difficult, it'll be like going to work.

So happy for you! I bet that feels so good!
Old 05-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #68  

Where can I buy wf products? Do they sell them in the stores or do you have to order? Also what does DH stand for? I'm guessing ?husband?
I'm addicted to this forum!!
Old 05-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #69  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Where can I buy wf products? Do they sell them in the stores or do you have to order? Also what does DH stand for? I'm guessing ?husband?
I'm addicted to this forum!!
I buy my WF products from Vitacost online and yes DH is dear husband
Old 05-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #70  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Grrrr.... just did my "multi post" and lost all my stuff -- sorry if it reappears in 2 seconds.
Recap -- in much more brief: IF you do the cleanse, my coach said to ease into it slowly and the capsules I did half dose. That way I didn't get an upset tummy. I honestly don't remember it feeling like it did anything, but I also don't know that it didn't, so I have no comment either way. It wasn't unpleasant if that helps.

As for the DH comment -- mine is annoying me right now so DH could also stand for other words that aren't as sweet
Old 05-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I don't think shallots are on the list. Green onion is ok. Leeks are ok. Raw onion is fine. Some say as long as the onion doesn't Caramelize but that is the only way I like them so I don't cook with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
I think shallots are allowed, but are not supposed to be caramelized. The cooking turns the onion family into sugar.
Shallots are NOT on the P1 list of select or occasional veggies.
As ChipnDip suggested, use leeks for cooking and raw onions, if eating onion.

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-18-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
I agree! During the past seven months, I have been to weddings, showers, birthday parties, out of town funerals, holiday parties, fancy charity teas, numerous family events and dinners, retirement parties, long weekend away in a B&B, happy hours, and a graduation dinner.

All of these events have been 100% OP. I do not say this in order to boast, I am saying it to show that it is just a matter of planning and a determined will. With prior proper planning any social event can be enjoyed on IP. I have learned that here on 3 FC. Thanks!

It gets easier as time goes by. People in your life accept the changes and it becomes normal. In the beginning there was some resistance to my bringing my own food, but once people saw my determination- they became completely supportive.

I also made a rule for myself- if I were to decide to indulge off of IP, it was going to be for joy, not stress or comfort. I did have a slip with more than one restricted in a day (proti diet peanut caramel bar). I have not purchased them since.

There are moments when I have plan fatigue. Sick of the food, sick of preparing and sick of not having a glass of wine. In these times, I have tried to change things up with new recipes, posting to different threads, going to classes at my clinic, and changing my IP packets. For me, information is power so reading a lot about other people's IP experiences has been amazingly helpful.

There have also been periods of very slow weight loss, water retention, and major "C". The answer was to just keep on protocol. The body is going to respond in it's own time. Persistence pays off!

Most of all- the results have been motivating. I am down 85 pounds since last June. I am no longer on blood pressure medication and I am happier by far. Plus, I love shopping now!

Every single one of us is worth the work. IP has given us the tools to beat this weight. Not just to look better, but to "really LIVE" healthier lives.
I could not agree with you more - it is really a question of mind over matter. It is so important to put this health and life issue first for once and be as determined as possible to make it work...forget exceptions and special moments because there will so many of those still to come AFTER getting hold of a normal life again.

There are no words to say how much difference this program has meant to me and my life. I am down 109 pounds from my highest - I have energy, spunk, and I will finish this out to the end.

Community is such an important element to succeeding and that is the magic of this site. Read it every day, ask for help or advice or a shoulder upon which to cry...then get back to the program! It is something I will never regret.

Last edited by schenectady; 05-18-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #73  

DH- dear husband!!!! Ok :-) or darn.. Lol
I'm praying this headache is gone tomorrow!! Other than the headache I feel good though!!! I am loving all of the recipes and wonderful ideas on here!!!! Can't express how glad I am to have found you all :-)
Old 05-18-2014, 11:47 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Shallots are NOT on the P1 list of select or occasional veggies.
As ChipnDip suggested, use leeks for cooking and raw onions, if eating onion.
Guess I was confused, since shallots are in the allium family and are included in Chef Verati's phase 1&2 cookbook.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:54 AM   #75  

Hi Ladies,

Why is Aspartame not allowed? I am not having any but I was just wondering the reason..

TIA
Closed Thread