Old 05-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

Default mexico

We leave for Cancun next Saturday and I'm starting to get nervous about how to stay on plan. I will pack my packets and drinks so I know that I will at least have that. We are staying at an all inclusive resort and won't really be leaving there so I will be dependent on what they have at the restaurants and buffets for my vegetables and meat. I'm thinking it's going to be very difficult to stay 100% but I'm going to give it my best shot. Does anybody have any tips or ideas??? Thanks!
cooluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #2  

There were plenty of veggies and properly cooked meats on the buffet when I was at a Mexican resort. Staying 100% is all about the attitude. If I KNOW I will do it, I do. If I think I can't, then I probably won't.

Make your plan before you pick up a plate. Walk in knowing you're having a salad and veggies (at lunch) or meat, salad and veggies (at dinner). Then find the ones that will work for you. There will be temptations but temptation is everywhere. Attitude is everything.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:41 PM   #3  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooluu View Post
We leave for Cancun next Saturday and I'm starting to get nervous about how to stay on plan. I will pack my packets and drinks so I know that I will at least have that. We are staying at an all inclusive resort and won't really be leaving there so I will be dependent on what they have at the restaurants and buffets for my vegetables and meat. I'm thinking it's going to be very difficult to stay 100% but I'm going to give it my best shot. Does anybody have any tips or ideas??? Thanks!
That is a hard one. My Dr had me wait to start until we returned from a Punta Cana all inclusive. I couldnt see paying all the money for unlimited food and drink and dieting. But if you are on this plan already there is no room for a little of this or that or a couple of vacation drinks. I feel for you because you have a big decision to make...either you are in or not. Often times in programs like this it is hard to get back on the wagon...dont break your momentum. I already told my husband that there are no more all inclusive trips for us because it forces me to have more than I need. Good luck...you are worth the sacrifice! I am sorry you have to face all this. Enjoy the sunshine and beach...you can do it.
jo4applerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #4  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Remember, as well, that vacations are about more than the food & beverages (even though it's everywhere). Get out to the beach & pool early, walk on the beach looking for shells, read some great books/magazines, and relax! If you happen to go out shopping, maybe find a cute inspiration dress at one of the shops. Shopping can be great exercise!
You will do great!
bluegingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooluu View Post
Cooluu- As others have said...you need to make this about R&R...people sunshine and things besides the food. The weather will be wonderful after a long cold winter..there will be nice days at last. (Actually, I'm in Lake Forest Il this week..not that far as the crow flies...from you. We had 2+ hrs of blowing big snow flakes Friday AM and temp was 36... Really? It's almost summer?!)

You are not so far into your journey. By now you do know that planning is critical. There is good reason to worry..temptation will be everywhere so you need a plan for each day..so if you get 1 plan that works..why not use it the whole week?

By coincidence, I will be there for an extended period beginning the 29 th......although I'm on maintenance...I have no desire to gain a lot of weight that will take me til the end of summer to lose.

Don't mind sharing my plan. First of all avoid the buffets for most meals unless there is a good chance you can make it work for you. But, If you do visit them..go alone the first time. Try not to go when it is most crowded. Walk around and take a look.

-There should be an omelette station at breakfast. AHA! You can replace the egg packet with REAL egg. Go for an egg white omelette made to order. Pick your allowed veggies... Add a small serving of romaine if you like to make your plate look full... Ok day 1.. Meal 1... You are still on plan. Does this work? Maybe you can be happy with this all week.
-Lunch..no problem getting a salad at lunch. For sure the buffet will have it..but so do the sit down restaurants..removing the temptation. If you save your (do a fruity) shake for lunch...mix it in a water bottle and add to club soda during the afternoon. ...ummm. You made it to dinner!!! Yay you!!!
-Dinner in an alacarte should be like any restaurant at home. Grilled meat..fish.. Veggie..salad.

-Evening snack..mix another fruity drink in a water bottle to take with you.....enjoy the shows and entertainment with club sodas and your IP fruity drink for color and flavor. Day is done. If you walk the beach..( you should) do water aerobics ..volleyball etc...you will come home on track-on plan and relaxed. And maybe even a few pounds down! You can do this.

Although I'm in maintenance...I have a plan similar to this in place. We will be away almost 3 weeks. So I MUST. Breakfast will be what I suggested for you. (I'm gluten free so toast,bread and desserts are not on my radar. Actually I remmber the Mexican baked things have a weird texture and don't taste like American versions anyway) I'll be using mio in my club soda instead of an IP packet.... and limiting alcohol to just a small amount of wine at dinner..and a champagne toast with family a few times for a few planed celebration announcements. Also..you can order mojitos with no sugar, no rum... You get lime and muddled mint...no carbs..very refreshing and in a tall glass) For lunch my salad will have shrimp or chicken like a P2 lunch ..not interested in fries or fatty food anymore because I like how I look in all my new my bathing suits.(LOL.... I'll be 66 in August..so that IS relative...) It was a hard 3/4 of a year getting to where I am and I know for me, food is not the main event anymore. I want to come home looking better than when I left. Relaxed..and a little tan and not upset because I gained and now need a reboot. That would ruin the rest of the summer.

You can do this...think..plan..feel good about it. If you don't feel good about the decisions you will need to make to stay on plan...how will you feel after you spend all that money on the trip...and then have to do damage control all summer and into the fall to get to goal? That is not cheap mentally or $$$ wise. And will needing to do that ruin your resolve?

People with weight problems are never on a diet...instead we must decide and plan our daily diet every day for the rest of our lives. It's worth it. Trust me. Trust yourself. Have a wonderful trip.....and practice new life skills. Like who you are!!!

Last edited by 65X65; 05-19-2014 at 11:08 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

Thanks everybody for the responses. I definitely want to stay on plan just trying to figure out the best way to plan for it. 65 x 65 you had some awesome tips and I will be using them. Thank you so much!
cooluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:49 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

bump
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Those are great tips 65x65!
Sheena1966 is offline   Reply With Quote