View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 01:46 AM   #1

S/C/G: 210/205/150

Height: 5'0

Default New to Low Carb/Slooow Metabolism.

I don't post on here as much as I should, mostly because I keep forgetting about the wonderful place! I went to my doctor on Friday (05/18) and we discussed some things including my weight issues. We talked about Skinny Fiber, he showed me all my blood work/test results from my prior 2 visits (Nov/Dec 2013) and mentioned the soda, etc. When I mentioned I don't drink anything but water, he mentioned that I could try a low carb diet to help lose weight because I have very, very slow metabolism. I'd actually been working out a couple times a week, upping my general movements over the last 6 months and had put on 2 lbs. This was another reason he thinks a low carb diet would be beneficial. My problem is I love bread and pasta (I know it, I eat way too much of it) but I still have a problem reaching 1440 calories a day (the amount MFP gave me), to the point where sometimes I have to eat when I'm not hungry to reach it. Then on the days I exercise, I am between 1250-1320 on most days after adding the exercise in because I do not re-eat calories burned.

Any ideas for simple/cheap recipes or how many carbs you are supposed to have a day? I don't have the money to do a program, so would be purchasing things found in shops. If anybody is interested I can post my blood work ups. Everything is within normal range, other than glucose, which is 68/73 (should be 74 on the low end) but my doctor said he wasn't concerned because my previous doctor had told me to fast before those visits.
ValerieAnne is offline   Reply With Quote