Old 05-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #106  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
OMG! I did not know that. I wait for the emails to say it
It is right at the top of their website
Old 05-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

We removed all the food in the house that was junk, we eat healthy now (I do IP and honey and the kid are lower carb, with lots of healthy veggies and fruit). Honey has not been dieting but has gone down 2 clothing sizes on an already slim frame and the kiddo has gone from boarder line obese to borderline normal weight in 3.25 months! The non-dieters in the house are doing great!!!
Old 05-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #108  

Murphypuppy
Definitely proof that EVERYONE can benefit from a cleaned-up food intake!

Nobody needs all the sweets and processed foods or snacks. When I was growing up, there were occasional treats, not daily indulgences. We didn't snack at our house when I was growing up. We didn't have soda (occasionally mom made Koolaid - actually Wylers and she bought unsweetened so she could control how much sugar was added). We ate meals and drank milk with our meals. We drank water at other times. Had I continued that moving forward in life, I may have never needed IP.

Our society now is so much about instant gratification. I see the behavioral effects in schools on a daily basis.

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-16-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I just bought a red snapper. Anyone know how to prepare/cook it? LOL! It's the whole fish, cleaned and split. I had the meat man remove the head. It looks a bit funny now (perhaps he should have left the head on?), but I think it will taste nice. Any recipe suggestions? Oh, it's fresh and wild caught.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

SarahBell: I won't pretend to know the amount of stress you're currently under between moving, struggling to stay OP, etc.

I just wanted to add...I know Lisa let you know there is free shipping always for orders over $99 but I think waiting for that email would actually have been more damaging both physically, and most importantly, mentally waiting to save yourself a few dollars.

It was almost like "giving" yourself permission to wait instead of jumping right back on the wagon.

I don't know if I'm just rambling or if that made any sense to you. I felt like you were almost waiting for that inevitable "Monday" morning to roll around to restart your diet.

You can do this! Good luck!
Old 05-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Sarahbell
I hope your stress eases and take it one meal and one day at a time. Be compassionate to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Today was the second major unplanned dental procedure in two weeks - I cannot open my jaw enough to eat and I am in pain now that the Novocain is wearing off.
Being as this was not planned and very painful, I hope that the very considerable stress in the chair does not affect my losses since I have been vigilant.
Schnectady - oh I feel your pain, mouth pain is the worst. I had 11 teeth pulled when I was younger and every ortho contraption in my mouth. Hope you bounce back quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muahahaha View Post
Hello all! I appreciate all of your comments so much. I am a newbie finishing my second week. So far lost 11 pounds!!! I am super excited and love reading this thread.
Way to go Muahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Woohoo half way to goal! I see Onederland in the very near future.
Congratulations Chipndip that is awesome!

So many great loses and NSV posted in the last two days. I lost the 3lbs that came with TOM and then 1.5lbs more this week so that was a relief. Starting to think about what happens when I reach my goal, feels so close now, 15lbs away. I want to go to phase 2 at 170 and see if I can still lose

Ruthanne, I saw that you were still losing on phase 2 and 3 and most recently on maintence which is awesome. My coach suggested I consider going down to 155 - that seems like so much more but will see when I get to 170 how I feel. I want to be able to maintain whatever I lose.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
You post made me cry

I am trying to avoid all the non ip stuff. BUT with 3 kids and hubby who like their things it's hard. I am doing better today. I do great until after 4pm then it is hard until bed. I cannot go to bed early not an option, stay out of the kitchen not an option- chewing cinnamon gum YES! That has been my life line this week- I bought 6 pkgs of dentine fire so that has helped plus oolong tea.

Today for lunch I am going to have 4 oz of grilled chicken with a nice salad- lettuce, spinach, grilled zuchinni onions and bit of onion and home made dressing. And dinner chicken salad (left over grilled chicken with WF mayo) stuffed into mini peppers and boiled or grilled for abt 10-15 mins. and a salad (good old lettuce with EVOO and seasoning and salt with lemon)

I feel like I have let myself down I just need a hig
First, SarahBell - here is one big, big, hug from someone who walks the same road on the same journey.

BUT YOU DID NOT let yourself down! You are human and have emotions. You do not start the IP program being programmed to be perfect. If that were so, you would not have the opportunity to learn from mistakes.

Whatever you have done in the past day, past week, or past month is OVER and DONE WITH. Goodbye, sayonara, au revoir, adios, ciao, tschau.

What matters is the moment now as you are beginning a new part of your journey on the program. Clean slate, no recriminations, just new resolve.

You can do this, even with children and spouse around eating other things.

Think about something special you want to do when you reach goal. Picture yourself doing that, wearing something special and glowing with health. Keep that picture in your mind and when needed, take a deep breath and remember that picture and how exciting that moment will be. It will feel ever so much better than whatever may be trying to make its way into your mouth when it should not.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #113  

Height: 5'3"

I'm not sure if it's IP related or not, but I was wide awake at 5am! It also felt like my body was burning? I don't know how else to describe it. I wasn't hot (it was pretty cold here today), but I felt restless. I just pretended my little pacman were destroying all the fat.

Quick Q - I had 2 cups of spinach this morning in a shake and I'm going to have 2 more cups right now with a shake. Is it okay to have the same veggie? I assume so, just thought I'd check. Some days it is easier to drink my veggies, so to speak.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #114  
P4

S/C/G: 238 highest--IP197/165/165

Height: 5'4"

Default spinach

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I'm not sure if it's IP related or not, but I was wide awake at 5am! It also felt like my body was burning? I don't know how else to describe it. I wasn't hot (it was pretty cold here today), but I felt restless. I just pretended my little pacman were destroying all the fat.

Quick Q - I had 2 cups of spinach this morning in a shake and I'm going to have 2 more cups right now with a shake. Is it okay to have the same veggie? I assume so, just thought I'd check. Some days it is easier to drink my veggies, so to speak.
If you mix up the veggies you'll get a variety of vitamins and minerals but we're all taking supplement so that is probably not a major issue.

But, spinach is not "free". If you have 2 cups in your morning drink and 2 cups in noon drink--that 's your veggies for the day.

That leaves you with lettuce for dinner. Which might be fine too.
Just saying....
Old 05-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #115  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisado View Post
If you mix up the veggies you'll get a variety of vitamins and minerals but we're all taking supplement so that is probably not a major issue.

But, spinach is not "free". If you have 2 cups in your morning drink and 2 cups in noon drink--that 's your veggies for the day.

That leaves you with lettuce for dinner. Which might be fine too.
Just saying....
That was my worry too, but I thought with the amount of supplement we're taking, I'd be alright.

Yeah, I had romaine lettuce as a salad at lunch. Now I'm having the EAS shake with spinach.

Did I ever think I'd be trying to see if 4 cups of spinach a day would be alright? Nope!
Old 05-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizajuse View Post
I had my WI yesterday afternoon and only lost 1/2 lb.....I'm only on Day #16. I did cheat on mother's day so my coach said that was what did it. And this weekend I have an event that is centered around food and wine and I know I can't get out of cheating with the alcohol.
I am already feeling guilty.....
Hi Liza,

Cheating really does damage on a number of fronts - slowing losses, costing extra days of buying food for the 3-5 days cheating sets you back and mentally either giving you the excuse to put off a return to IP OR making you feel guilty that you went off in the first place. All around, it' same BUMMER!

Not sure why you say that you "can't get out of cheating with alcohol" at your weekend event? Do you need some support and ideas of ways to navigate the event while staying OP, or have you already decided you will not stay OP. Either way, we can give you some ideas or talk you off the slippery slope of cheating... IF you want off!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Hey KSDUNHAM-

I am a veggie as well and it looks like we are at similar heights and starting weights.

I have been relying on protein powder and allowing fish and eggs for my daily protein.

How strict of a veggie are you? What have you been using. I am unsure of how to get the amount of protein without allowing fish and eggs.

Anyone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdunham View Post
hey all---i am on day 3 of phase I and a vegetarian---looking for folks who are in phase I still that are veggies. all of the threads for veggies are from years ago---looking for comrades
Hello gals: Don't forget the tofu!!! It is allowed although you may be getting a lot of soy this way - there is a short newer vegetarian thread on Ip here... check the list over the past few days ie: go back a few pages on the list & see what you find. I know it's kind of boring because there is a lack of variety, but it can still be done (I used vegan protein powders as alternatives for some of my IP packs - just because I'm gluten free and have a VERY limited variety of IP to choose from).
Tofu is good chunked up in the morning (super firm), marinated in Bragg's liquid aminos or soy sauce, and Frank's hot sauce (especially chili lime flavour) to use for dinner that evening. Try to get non-GMO Organic tofu if you can and SeaFu is a variety that has sea vegetables already in it (seaweed is allowed, lol) and it has the most flavour on its own. You can also mash it up for a scramble with veg or as a filling in 'romaine burritos', too.

Liana
Old 05-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Well today was better than yesterday, I did so much better at not grazing. I still did BUT not like I have been. I added 4 oz of chicken to my lunch and 3 for dinner along with my veggies I am doing good. I did eat mini peppers during the day (it was those or stupid chips). So I am slowly getting there. I just need to take it one day at a time
Old 05-16-2014, 10:57 PM   #119  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Well I emailed my former coach -- haven't been to a clinic in a really long time. She did let me know my fees are for life and to come back anytime. So now I need to "think" about making that re-commitment. I can do this myself. I know that. But I was more committed when I was going to see her regularly. I don't really want to start the IP fees for food though ....

At least it's a nice option to know you can get coaching any time. For WW or any other group, if you stop going, you have to restart/repay every time.
Closed Thread