Thread: IP Daily Chat
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #100
schenectady

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/207/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am just at the end of my rope. I feel burnt out, stressed, tired- worried (we are in the final stages of buying a new house in TX and it is stressing me out). Emotionally I am a wreck.

I fell off IP a month ago, and I desperately trying to get back on. One step at a time and I am trying to eat things that I am not suppose to have. I woke up last night at 3am with a migraine and nausea. I am still suffering after taking excedrine migraine two times now, coffee and a good dose of sea salt.

I have so much to do around here. I need to find time to get to my parent house before we move

I just need a mantra I can follow to keep on a narrow path to where I was before and lose my last 40lbs or so

thanks to any one who asked if they can help, I just need help rebooting and get back on track. I am waiting for the next Nashua free shipping over $99 sale so I restock LOL.
Oh, SarahBell - I can only say I have just been where you are now...a move and falling off IP from the stress. It is so very hard and I can sense that this is shaking your world up pretty badly.

A few suggestions that helped me - we are entering our second month after the move and settling in a bit.

First - when we moved, we took NO FOOD that was not IP. Give it away to a food bank, friends, whatever, but get rid of triggers wherever possible. This is a chance to set up your house, kitchen, pantry with only good things. I know you have kids, yes?, so that is not completely possible for them but try for yourself.

Second, be determined to take it one meal, one day. PLAN what your next meal will be and use all your willpower to make that one meal perfect. Repeat over and over, each day, one step.

Third, if you can, find time for yourself in whatever way you can...a long soak in the tub, a walk outside, a good book, a great movie, a long cry. Do not let food be that release for you because it is only temporary for the time it takes for the food to get in your mouth. It feels MUCH WORSE later. Not worth it.

I found when I went off IP, I got headaches and felt horrible. After eating clean and healthy for so long, the additives and carbs and fat from bad food made me feel bad. I work up with a nasty mouth, nasty mood and nasty attitude.

Try to get one day under your belt being very strict and caring for yourself. See if you feel a bit better the next morning. Check back with the people on here - they are very supportive of you and your journey.