Thread: IP Daily Chat
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 08:58 AM   #88
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Went for my WI this afternoon. Only lost 2 pounds!!!! I told my coach this time around it's so much harder than last time I did IP as I'm often hungry...PLUS...I'm loosing the weight very slooowwwlllyy!!! I also asked her about alternative products.

She thought 2 lbs was good. She said the weight was coming off slower this time because I have less to loose. (Last time I lost 70 lbs in 2 months. This time I lost 15 pounds in a month.) She explained that the bigger you are, the faster the weight comes off. PLUS, she said I should remember that the older a woman is (I'm 62) the slower the weight comes off! As for alternatives, she said I could try them, but (as with the alternative plan) the weight will come off much slower.
Wait. Did I actually see a complaint over a 2 lb loss???
Esp after losing 15 lbs in a month?

70 in 2 months is way outside the norm, FYI.
And many returners say they don't lose as quickly the 2nd time around (even Dr Atkins spoke of a "golden opportunity" for higher losses)

I'm going to suggest a mindset change.
Instead if focusing on lightening-quick losses, perhaps focus on more reasonable losses (IP is STILL faster than other plans), and focus on sustainability. Get to goal and phase off properly & learn to maintain so that a retun to P1 becomes about losing 5-10 occasionally.

Additionally, there is a difference between the IP alternative plan (adding a dairy, a starch, and a fruit daily) and doing IP with alternative priducts (same nutritional stats but non-IP brand). The alternative plan offers slower losses. Using generic products works the same but your coach doesn't make as much money so they'll discourage use. IP products aren't magic.
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos

Last edited by lisa32989 : 05-16-2014 at 08:59 AM.