Old 05-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Default Back After Long Absence

Hi, everyone!

I haven't looked through the posts to see who is still around, but I will. Don't know how many may remember me. Needless to say, I "fell off the wagon" of healthy living. Life got ugly, complicated & I didn't want to deal.

I lost my job at Christmas. My "boss" thought it was no biggie to fire me WITHOUT warning just a few days before Christmas. I think it was retribution for the harassment complaint filed against him & his sleazy gf. Couldn't prove it course. What he got in his stocking I hope was nastier than coal!!!

Then H, my hubby, had a stroke!!! I could NOT believe it. He is doing okay after many weeks of physical & occupational therapy. He still has his good days & not so good days. We are getting by...

Needless to say, my weight spiraled upward like a funnel cloud. On Mother's Day I realized that for both of us, I HAVE to get my weight under control! I cannot keep going like this or H won't be the only one with severe health issues.

So I've made a challenge for me. 50 by 50! I want to be down 50 pounds by the time I hit 50. This gives me about six months. So it is do-able. What am I doing? Walking a minimum of 45 mins at least 5 days a week, but I'm really trying for 6 or 7 days a week. Cutting out the junk food that has been my comfort. Less soda & more H20.

Day 3 & all is going well. I'm keeping a journal to help keep me on track. I decided I should come back here too, to hopefully keep my "feet to the fire". For my health & my sanity!!!

What else is up? Since I'm still looking for work, I decided to volunteer at the local library. I'm hoping it will keep me busy & maybe give me contacts for possible job leads. Still taking my camera with me on my walks, cause who knows what I might see.

Hope all is well with everyone. I will respond to posts as I can! I don't have internet at home, too costly. I hook up at the library or the clubhouse in the complex we live in, so my posts might be a little scarce sometimes. But I'll give as much encouragement as I can!!

BE HEALTHY!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back and good luck! You can do it!
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:57 PM   #3  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Welcome back and best wishes!
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the welcome back! Appreciate it!

Last few days have been okay. I had a little more than I should have had yesterday, but today is another day.

Having a bit of a battle getting H's medication. His Warfarin level was raised, but the clinic didn't call the pharmacy. Now he is SHORT basically a month's worth of it!! Now, on Monday we get to go battle for that because insurance is not wanting to pay for it! He & I were so frustrated by it we were both about in tears. I honestly DO NOT want him to have another stroke! And we just got all of his medications on a perfect schedule. Oh, well...ain't that the way it goes? Get things balanced out & someone has to screw it up!

Hope all have a healthy day & weekend! BE GOOD!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

I'm back too with 25 lb wt gain. That is hard to admit. I worked so hard to lose all that weight only to gain it back.

Last edited by lyv33; 08-17-2014 at 05:26 PM.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:35 PM   #6  

Nice to meet both of you. We're all in this together
MaryBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:29 AM   #7  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back! Sorry for your troubles! Stressful! That's enough to get anyone eating! I had a really bad day yesterday, and I actually missed the idea that I could drown my sorrows in food. It sort of added to the blues, which is crazy making! The food binge never helps!

Love your avatar!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote