View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #96
Fiona W
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

Howdy folks! I'm checkin' in briefly before my evening session of clipping magazines...I had a good day, it's just that my primo morning time was consumed by going way across town to see my shrink. He's cool with my waiting to withdraw from that one medication until later in the year...he's always cool with what I want to do.

Now if we could just get our Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage sorted out so I don't have to pay full price for my meds—but that's a long story. Suffice it to say that the federal bureaucracy is unbelievable Kafkaesque. "You can't get there from here," was the constant refrain I heard after half a day of fruitless phone calls. =sigh= Oh well, it's just money...money never gets me down.

I hope y'all are havin' a good evening...oh! I almost forgot: I have an NSV (non-scale victory) to report. Last night I got up from a sound sleep to go to the bathroom, and somehow managed to trip on the bedclothes and fell to my knees on the soft rug. I blinked for a second—didn't hurt myself, of course—then I tipped forward a little, lifted one foot and planted it on the rug. Then I just used that thigh muscle, and was standing up again. What a piece of cake! I went through a long period where falling down like that was a major event, because I was so heavy, it was really hard to get back up without assistance. I think a few of y'all know what I'm talkin' about! But now, between my leg exercises and weighing around 70 pounds less, getting up off the floor is just not an issue. Yay!! I'm so pleased with that.

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free > done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 > done 5/22/14
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote