Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 01:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.9/213/163

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default MAY 2014 starters

Starting IP this week..looking for encouragement and ways to keep on track.
Thanks

Last edited by Mae5; 04-28-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #2  

Welcome!

The daily chat and the 100%ers threads are your best resources for encouragement and ways to keep on track.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #3  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Welcome. I have been reading and learning. My consultation is May 1st. I start the program, May 2nd. Love it that it is an all or nothing program, no room for slips or cheats. As Lisa said...100% follow threads. Good luck!!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:31 PM   #4  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi! My consultation is May 6, starting May 7. Excited and nervous!
Old 04-30-2014, 08:09 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae5 View Post
Starting IP this week..looking for encouragement and ways to keep on track.
Thanks
I started this week to. Another thing I do that helps me is Fitday. It a Free Online food/exercise tracking system... I'm a numbers person, so I like to see the charts and aily totals. You can customize your food in it... this took some time, but once I got all my IP foods in with cal, protein and carb.... your done. You can also enter in your weights and graph your progress. I share this info with my coach, she's never used it but cant wait to see

Last edited by cass2ander; 04-30-2014 at 08:13 AM. Reason: adding more
Old 05-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #6  

Started today! Had a protein shake for breakfast and an herbal tea.
Nervous about te large Cal-Mag vitamins... Hard to swallow.
Anyone have the chills? Could be all the cold water I ve had all morning.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #7  

Also wish they had an IP app... Would make journal inputs easier.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #8  

Do you NEED to have a consultation to start this program? Is it enough that I know I'm overweight, eat too much sugar/carbs, and can reverse engineer the packets to pretty similar stats until I'm ready to buy them on eBay or something?

Nevermind! I'm still breastfeeding, though my baby's on solids 3x a day + snacks, she still feeds quite often. I've been trying to wean her, but she doesn't really like formula. I guess I'll just try to eat healthier until she's weaned and then maybe I'll have changed my mind about a coach.

Last edited by havestar; 05-01-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:46 AM   #9  

Bad headache today and yesterday...know this is part of the process but I'm finding it hard to ignore it. Had some salt and lots of water...
No hunger or other problems just the headache...I hope by day 4 or 5 it is gone.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Bad headache today and yesterday...know this is part of the process but I'm finding it hard to ignore it. Had some salt and lots of water...
No hunger or other problems just the headache...I hope by day 4 or 5 it is gone.
It will go away and in a week or two you will feel fabulous - lots of energy, no hunger or headaches! But the first week and a half can be rough. Hopefully you can take it easy, go to bed early or take naps... Hang in there!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/178/130

Height: 5'4

I started on Tuesday - Arpril 29th.

By my scale, I seem to have lost 10 lbs! I'm actually excited to go for my weigh in tomorrow!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:31 AM   #12  

Thanks. Feeling great the past two days. Headaches gone and no hunger. Scale says 6 pounds down since starting May 1st. Official weigh in will be May 9 so I m hoping to lose a few more pounds by then.
I have no desire to cheat right now... I know it is early, but I feel I can keep this up for a while. Had an omelette and steamed broccoli for lunch and was very full. Can t fit the salad in the past two days. Is that a problem?

Last edited by Mae5; 05-06-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Thanks. Feeling great the past two days. Headaches gone and no hunger. Scale says 6 pounds down since starting May 1st. Official weigh in will be May 9 so I m hoping to lose a few more pounds by then.
I have no desire to cheat right now... I know it is early, but I feel I can keep this up for a while. Had an omelette and steamed broccoli for lunch and was very full. Can t fit the salad in the past two days. Is that a problem?
Lettuce is not mandatory! (A few coaches "require" the lettuce, but it is not a must do in IP.)

That being said, there are several advantages to having lettuce:

* They add extra bulk when you are hungry
* They help keep you regular and avoid the Big C
* We often see our bigger losers are also eating lettuce/salads regularly

Remember, anything with lettuce in the name (iceberg, romaine, Boston, Bibb, etc) is a free food and does not count as your veggies (things you put in it do count). Spinach, field greens, arugula, etc are listed as select veggies and must be measured raw (just like meat) and all count as veggies!

Great feeling to be full and OP!

Last edited by JLUS; 05-06-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #14  
Started IP May 6, 2014

S/C/G: 250/ticker/180

Height: 5'1

Smile Started today

I started IP today.

I had originally planned to start last October. I went in for a consultation, bought my products, and then went home and made excuses why I couldn't start yet... and ended up not starting until now.

I went in to see the coach for a restart session yesterday and couldn't believe how many inches and pounds I have gained since my initial weigh in and measuring in October. I was so upset with myself when I seen the numbers that I decided not to wait until the weekend to start (my initial plan) and get right to it.

So here I am on Day 1. I have upped my water intake a lot so I've been spending the day running back and forth to the ladies room. I already made a small mistake (I had field greens for lunch, but was counting them as lettuce, not veggies), but other than that I think the first day is going great so far. My toastmaster's group had a potluck at our lunchtime session today and I didn't have one bite of anything. Usually that would be impossible for me, but I am feeling so committed to losing weight and getting healthier that it wasn't even tempting.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 05-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 226/198/162 (or lower)

Height: 5'5"

Default Started May 1st

Quote:
Started today! Had a protein shake for breakfast and an herbal tea.
Nervous about te large Cal-Mag vitamins... Hard to swallow.
Anyone have the chills? Could be all the cold water I ve had all morning.
I have had "chills" but they are not cold chills, but kind of skin crawling chills and my face gets kind of warm (I have rosacea) and I feel shaky. I think it might be something in the vitamins. Almost the reaction I get when I take diet pills minus the hyper, heart-racing feeling. I've had a reaction to magnesium before - it made me itchy which is a side-effect. Could be that. Also, so little fat and carbs has got to make you feel kind of cold. I think we're just "detoxing".

So far by my scale I've lost 7 pounds and go for weigh-in on the 9th also. I have no desire to cheat and actually have trouble eating all the food! I have taken to grilling my romaine lettuce or cooking it in my soup with spinach and other veggies. It cuts down on the volume, ha! I hate the WF salad dressings for salad, although good for other things.

Good luck everyone. I hope we all have fantastic weigh-ins!
Closed Thread