View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 09:08 PM   #39
lisa32989
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycheetea View Post
I'm pretty new to IP, finishing up Week 1. This forum's been a huge help! I do like the recipes that are posted, but am having a hard time finding them/keeping up. Is there an easier way to look at the recipes than going through each post of the multiple recipe threads? Sometimes I see one I like, go away and then try to find it again by googling/forum search, but even then don't necessarily find it again...
Several people have tried organizing but it's never panned out
Just make sure to cut/paste the ones you want into a word doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by miholmes View Post
Is it okay to have the burger with no bun, tons of pickles and lettuce? (I posted the question about it here last week) Anyway I'm seeing results and that's fantastic...but the old cravings are still there.

So I was kind of toying with a 1 cheat day a month. Just to kind of have something to hold out until. Is this a terrible idea? I know it sets me back 3 days. But in the long run, I'm wondering if it's worth it.... idk.

I mean I don't want to go hog wild, but a piece of cake on my birthday with some ice cream, or that special dinner you love. Am I justifying? Is it okay? I know I'm on phase 1 until the weight is lost and most people want to plow through until it's lost.
Burger sounds great!

Re cheat
I've got 2 takes (maybe 3)

First there is the old "If you allow cheat it'll be easier to cheat again" I wholeheartedly believe that. All you need to do is read for a few weeks here and see it over and over again.

But... Extremely Low carb diets can be hard on the thyroid. I am having thyroid problems that I may not have had had taken a break every so often. There is a schedule for cycling on/off in Lyle McDonald's The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook (PDF available online).

And...there is a thing called mental health, also.
On this one you have to really know yourself. I know I didn't trust myself to get back on. I had 10 months without any planned cheat days or meals. Had my thyroid not been compromised, I probably would have stuck with p1 to goal.

One more...staying OP teaches us what is REALLY important. And it is not cake or a special dinner. It is the people around us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotian_Sweetie View Post
I think I may be having some sort of allergy/sensitivity reaction to the IP.

It started out my cheeks were warm and red/flushed during the first couple days on product. (I thought I might have a bit of a bug or just the extra protein).

Then Friday I got a headache, which continued into Saturday and increased to migraine level by Saturday night. (I felt drained like a flu all day, and thought maybe it was an actual flu, or the 'keto-flu").

I noticed around Saturday morning that my skin seemed dry and rough around my mouth area but thought it was a new face wash so stopped using it. Removing the face product didn't help and now my face is dry and tight with a light rash - again mostly around my mouth, chin, and cheek area.

I am going in to see my coach today for my 1 week weigh in. Happy with the weight loss this week, but am now quite worried about the rash.
The two most common causes for this are soy and Sucralose.
Try cutting out soy and see if you improve. If not, cut out Sucralose (brand name Splenda)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
*sigh* I am having a hard day. Hard week? month? I'm not really sure. I received some personal news that is just weighing heavy on my heart.
I haven't been strictly on plan for a week, and have decided today that I am recommitting myself to the plan - it's HARD. I dropped my coach because I started alternative products and my coach has a strict "only IP food" rule. I just couldn't justify it any longer when I found the food so much cheaper. But not having a coach has made me really lax on the strictness of the program. I also have not been sticking with my supplements. I just feel alone.
Yes ma'am, it's hard.

You are definitely NOT alone. I'm the one sitting at the same weight for a LONG time due to thyroid problems. The alternative, however is worse.

This REALLY has helped me:

Dieting is hard.
Being overweight (obese/morbidly obese) is hard.
Maintenance is hard.
Pick your hard.

Last edited by lisa32989 : 05-12-2014 at 09:10 PM.