Thread: IP Daily Chat
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #35
catlady1981

S/C/G: 206/163.3/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Feeling pretty good today, last night at Mothers Day dinner with my brother, sister in law, my nephews and my own children one of my nephews says "auntie Amber I don't think you're fat I think you're normal" which was nice because he has some filter issues and has prior to this diet made comments about my big butt. I'm also sitting here realizing I need to take two pieces out of my watch, it's too loose. Pants are fitting good, I think I am going to need a new size soon and that's always fun. Now I was going through my jeans and I got rid of all 22 and above jeans, but now I have 20's and 18's to get rid of but for some reason I'm having a hard time getting rid of them, especially 18's. I've worn them for so long. I'm wondering if I should hold on to them till I've successfully maintained for a year or am I setting myself up?
I took a bunch of 18/20's to the resale store this weekend. I'm still wearing 16's but they are getting saggy/baggy. I didn't get big money but it was liberating to get those things out of my closet. I said goodbye to the pounds that put me in those clothes and goodbye to the clothes as well. Granted, now my closet is pretty sparse. I think hanging on to the old things is a bad idea for me because if something is a little too tight I have a "go to" pair of jeans or whatever instead of saying "Whoah" what's going on here.

Went shopping in my closet tonight and found some 14's that I can get into and it didn't cost me anything to have some new stuff to wear, but I was dancing around and doing fist pumps I was so happy to see 14 again! So moving out of 16's and into 14's is my NSV for today.

Weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens in the gym.