Old 05-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #1  
not looking back

S/C/G: 196/150

Height: 5'7

Default tried and true low carb desert....

Need to show MIL you can have your 'cake' and eat it too! Trying to get her into low carb. Looking for a tried and true desert for Mother's Day dinner.....

help?
smith1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Hello Smith Try Linda's Low Carb recipes.. I know she has deserts on there! Induction friendly too (Cheesecakes)
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith1313 View Post
Need to show MIL you can have your 'cake' and eat it too! Trying to get her into low carb. Looking for a tried and true desert for Mother's Day dinner.....

help?
While I know there are some really good low-carb recipes for desserts and breads and other "treats" I don't think that's enough to convince someone to go low carb.

The energy, the tasty foods that ARE allowed (bacon? steak? avocado? cheese?) are what I think can help someone, and the huge release from hunger.

But I've never tried to convince someone this is the good diet for them - I just try to keep front and center of my mind that it's a good diet for ME....

Would love to know what you came up with, though!
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #4  
not looking back

S/C/G: 196/150

Height: 5'7

did the low carb cheesecake with no carb, no fat, no cal carmel topping and canned cherry topping....not bad, they made fun of me because there was no crust so how could it be cheesecake. worked in a pinch but I used splenda and it gave weird aftertaste....
smith1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith1313 View Post
did the low carb cheesecake with no carb, no fat, no cal carmel topping and canned cherry topping....not bad, they made fun of me because there was no crust so how could it be cheesecake. worked in a pinch but I used splenda and it gave weird aftertaste....
It doesn't sound to me like they are in a place that they are interested in low-carb eating. You might be able to interest them in something like CAD (the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet). I haven't tried that myself, but I understand that the idea is to eat all your carbs in one meal. That way, they could have a dessert after dinner (again, I don't know the details of that diet, but I assume that would be OK).
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote