View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #103
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Monday - International Nurse's Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies Had a delightful Mother's Day (despite my continued coughing). Toured some local gardens, meeting the gardeners who were so enthusiastic that I was mesmerized. Saw chickens, lambs, bees, and one llama. Ended with dinner on the lawn at DS's house as darkness fell - couldn't be better.

I didn't overeat, CREDIT moi, despite a full table of family talking non-stop - the kind of situation that suggests that one eat non-stop also. It was a little bit of exercise but mostly just fun.

onebyone Kudos for conjuring the patience to take the Green Book in order. Yep, Pablo Picasso also had a problem with focusing - he kept putting the body parts in the wrong places. Perhaps your MIL can take on his case and leave you to wander through your own journey, LOL.

Joy (gardenerjoy) LOL with joy at "Food: *weird* op" - love that Beck allows room for reality in life. Consensus is that succulents are "in" in the gardens we saw - usually in a rock garden of some sort.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) Yay for stellar eyes even when the head is still stuffy. It does seem like a challenge to make wise food choices when you can't see.

nationalparker Such a touching act by your oldest step daughter - Kudos to your and her father for giving her the support to grow into that kind of a young woman. Some days it's worth celebrating that "Food has been okay this weekend, but not exactly nutritional."

Rosebud170 Monster Congrats on your 100 pound milestone - a big deal indeed. We run a non-guilt thread around here so feel free to come and go as fits your needs. Thanks for plugging texts that "that MAKE sense for real life," It feels so good to know that we're on plan in our real lives not despite our real lives.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Yay for carrot cake for breakfast - a little anarchy feels good. Good luck with your techie job. Is that something that your smart boys know how to do?

freely - Waving back - hope all goes well with you.

Readers -
Quote:
day 15 Monitor Your Eating

what are you thinking?

Use the following examples to create Response Cards that will increase the likelihood that you'll consistently keep your written food record every day.

Sabotaging Thought: I don't need to write this down. I can remember what I ate.
Helpful Response: Not writing things down hasn't helped me in the past. I undoubtedly forget about some of the food that I eat. I have to make myself conscious of what I'm eating.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 147.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years