View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 06:01 AM   #95
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday - Mother's Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies Happy Mother's Day to those who've borne kids or raised them, as well as to those of women born. It's a day to celebrate the mutual survival, LOL. We'll celebrate with one of our kids at some local gardens opened for Mother's Day. My goal is to keep my coughing discreet. Some walking yesterday on a morning bird walk to see a few of the arriving warblers - Black-throated Green Warbler was the prize of the day. We pressed on despite the light rain at times; ended with clear skies.

Today's the day to increment the duration counters in my signature, CREDIT moi. I give myself credit for the forward movement of time with me on-board since that's my definition of maintenance. I also got to down-tick my current weight by a couple; it may still be dehydration, but it's settled in.

Debbie (Lexxiss) Such a good reminder that one doesn't have to be a beginner to create a written food plan for the day.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) Kudos for 8500 steps despite your head cold - that's notable.

maryann - Waving toward your ranch. Can't wait for your California Apricots to reach the East Coast - they're soooo yummy. [I love the pomp of Aida; Carmen was my first opera back when I was sure that I hated opera - it opened my eyes. DW insists that I had a deprived childhood because I wasn't taught to sing, "Toreador, don't spit on the floor ... Use the cuspidor."]

nationalparker Major Kudos to you for choosing a DH who can run a clothes dryer - few men have that skill. And Kudos to your brother for keeping his sanity to help your whole family during this crisis. You make good choices in men.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Ouch for the stomach thing - hope it doesn't interfere with your Mother's Day plans.

Readers -
Quote:
day 15 Monitor Your Eating

what are you thinking?

While research has consistently shown the importance of keeping written food records, many studies also show that few dieters keep them. One study even found that fewer than a third of dieters wrote down all of the foods they ate on just half of the days they were supposed to keep records! I'll bet those participants had lots of sabotaging thoughts that got in the way.

Use the following examples to create Response Cards that will increase the likelihood that you'll consistently keep your written food record every day.

Sabotaging Thought: This is too much work.
Helpful Response: I won't have to write things down for the rest of my life. Besides, it'll probably be less burdensome than I'm predicting. Why not give the "best" option a try for a week and see how it goes?

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 147.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month